Week 3: New York Jets (0-2) at New England Patriots (2-0)

SBLIII

Date: 9/22/19 1 p.m.

vegas odds: NE -22 (44 O/U)

injury report:

EE2mLLjWsAAlG2d.png:large

The Patriots face the Jets in their first division game. What do you hope to see?

The Jets will start former practice squad QB Luke Falk while also still missing linebacker CJ Mosley. The Patriots come off a very good start against the Steelers and Dolphins. The defense has been very impressive so far. Maybe they can hold NYJ to 3 points or less?

Patriots defense last 8 games points allowed:

97 points allowed, 12.1 per game

They faced Steelers, Steelers, Chargers, Rams, Chiefs.

They could legit allow under 15 per game this year.

This feels like a 2003 type defense. Lots of experienced players who know exactly what they need to do. High chemistry and a lot of players can play multiple positions. Some players like Jonathan Jones, Adam Butler and Danny Shelton also seem to really get better.

Our D is unreal.

I've found something that isn't up to speed yet though!

We are averaging only 3 and change per carry, and Sony has faced a +8man box less than 10% of snaps. It's obviously to do with OL changes, but we may want to start showing teams we CAN run it. 

@ChazStandard Fair play - you said to forget about all the run heavy stuff. Although, I'm sure it's a lot to do with Andrews. 

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Our D is unreal.

I've found something that isn't up to speed yet though!

We are averaging only 3 and change per carry, and Sony has faced a +8man box less than 10% of snaps. It's obviously to do with OL changes, but we may want to start showing teams we CAN run it. 

@ChazStandard Fair play - you said to forget about all the run heavy stuff. Although, I'm sure it's a lot to do with Andrews. 

Sony needs to improve. Mason needs to improve.