Week 3: New York Jets (0-2) at New England Patriots (2-0)

SBLIII

concerns after 3 games are injuries, special team and lack of running game.

Defense can carry us if necessary though. This has all the makings of one of those stout defenses we have seen in last 10-15 years like 2013 Seahawks, 2015 Broncos. Coverage is elite, run defense is good and pass rush is good enough. 

Edited by SBLIII

49 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Defense awesome, but I'm looking forward to a proper test from an offensive team. Ravens and Chiefs games will tell us if we're 2013 Seahawks-like.

If we hold Chiefs under 25 points, I'll be in awe of our D.

yep looking at the schedule I don't see us giving up more than 17 points in any of the next 5 games. Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, texans, Chiefs will be the challenge. If we give up below 20 against those teams on average our defense is incredible.

Edited by SBLIII

13 hours ago, SBLIII said:

concerns after 3 games are injuries, special team and lack of running game.

Defense can carry us if necessary though. This has all the makings of one of those stout defenses we have seen in last 10-15 years like 2013 Seahawks, 2015 Broncos. Coverage is elite, run defense is good and pass rush is good enough. 

On the topic of Special Teams- Jake Bailey is a stud. I know a lot of people questioned moving on from Allen, but so far, Belichick looks like he projected an upgrade correctly.

-Tom Brady is off to a better start than last season. Just your weekly reminder that this guy is 42 years old.

-I thought the OL played pretty well considering how banged up it is. I'm concerned about the running game; we really miss Gronk's blocking and no Develin hurt. As a side note, I remember when everyone on this forum called for Develin to be cut each year, and said BB was dumb for rostering a FB. Hopefully they get an upgrade at blocking TE when Watson returns. I know everyone's pointing towards Michel's stats year-to-date, but I really think it's a product of the OL's blocking. I wish they would get him more involved as a receiving back, so it's less telegraphic when he's out there, but I really feel like he hasn't had any room to work with. 

-Brady continues to develop a chemistry with Dorsett. While I was happy the Patriots took a shot on a ultra talented player like AB, a part of me was bummed for Dorsett, because he has always worked hard, accepted his role, and just continued to get buried on the depth chart. He's a dependable player who Brady clearly likes. 

-Defense continues to ball out. Might be the best of the BB era. Collins is playing like an all pro.

Buffalo's going to be a tough test on the road. But there's nothing I love more than crushing the Bill's fans early season highs. 

1 minute ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

On the topic of Special Teams- Jake Bailey is a stud. I know a lot of people questioned moving on from Allen, but so far, Belichick looks like he projected an upgrade correctly.

-Tom Brady is off to a better start than last season. Just your weekly reminder that this guy is 42 years old.

-I thought the OL played pretty well considering how banged up it is. I'm concerned about the running game; we really miss Gronk's blocking and no Develin hurt. As a side note, I remember when everyone on this forum called for Develin to be cut each year, and said BB was dumb for rostering a FB. Hopefully they get an upgrade at blocking TE when Watson returns. I know everyone's pointing towards Michel's stats year-to-date, but I really think it's a product of the OL's blocking. I wish they would get him more involved as a receiving back, so it's less telegraphic when he's out there, but I really feel like he hasn't had any room to work with. 

-Brady continues to develop a chemistry with Dorsett. While I was happy the Patriots took a shot on a ultra talented player like AB, a part of me was bummed for Dorsett, because he has always worked hard, accepted his role, and just continued to get buried on the depth chart. He's a dependable player who Brady clearly likes. 

-Defense continues to ball out. Might be the best of the BB era. Collins is playing like an all pro.

Buffalo's going to be a tough test on the road. But there's nothing I love more than crushing the Bill's fans early season highs. 

Good points. I think the Bills just don't have the offense to score enough points. As long as we don't throw a pick 6 or muff points, I do think we win comfortably even if it is a low scoring game.

15 hours ago, IheartMyV8 said:

I heard Hightower exited early with some possible shoulder issue?  

yes. He was questionable to return but was in good spirits in the locker room yesterday.

14 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Sony has been a massive disappointment 

He needs to wake the hell up. Need to get the running game going.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

yes. He was questionable to return but was in good spirits in the locker room yesterday.

Always worry given his injury history.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

He needs to wake the hell up. Need to get the running game going.

He'd need to be more of dual threat IMO.  Rex is over 4yds / carry.  If Sony is in the backfield it's predictable, and with our hamstrung run blocking...  I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong.