The Streaming Wars

THE DUKE

How will you consume content?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which way will you be entertained?

• Streaming Options (1 or more)
    • I'm sticking with cable
    • Illicit means of procurement
    • Just over the air channels live
    • I'm a hispter and say I never watch TV/Movies

8 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Is IPTV frowned upon on here and considered piracy? If not, i know some great pay services. If it is frowned upon on here... this post never happened. In fact, Mod, wreck this post

I follow "cord cutters news" on FB, and I'm pretty sure that they look at IPTV and others like it as being pirated content.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

I am moving into my new house in a couple of months and am looking into the cord cutting path. Currently considering Hulu Live as my option. Asking for advice for those of you that have it, if you like it, and what you recommend. I do have a buddy that has Playstation Vue and it seems okay. Had another that had DirecTV Now and it seemed okay too. Sling seems not great. 

1) What do you have and do you like it?

2) What tips/ recommendations do you have?

3) I plan to load up on internet for it. Does it matter?

4) Any other helpful advice.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

1) What do you have and do you like it?

2) What tips/ recommendations do you have?

3) I plan to load up on internet for it. Does it matter?

4) Any other helpful advice.

1) YouTube TV and yes

2) All depends on what's important to you. My wife and I watch a ton of college football so having all those channels available is a must. Also has local channels as well. We get about 12 games at a time every Saturday, for the early batch of games. Usually about 24 throughout the day. Drawbacks are no Comedy Central, MTV, and handful of others from shows I watch from time to time.

3) Not really as long as you have a good router. 4k streaming requires about 30-40 down if I'm not mistaken. If you're wired, you'll be fine.

4) Enjoy not spending as many dollars. There are drawbacks but they're few and far between and worth the price difference.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'll look into YT TV too thanks.

I know it wasn't one of the one's you listed as being interested in but your questions didn't state if those are the only people whose opinions you cares for so I voiced mine anyway lol. Good luck, man!

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I know it wasn't one of the one's you listed as being interested in but your questions didn't state if those are the only people whose opinions you cares for so I voiced mine anyway lol. Good luck, man!

Oh no, I forgot to mention Fubo too. I will consider them all!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

15 bucks? Disney is the biggest media giant with an absurd amount of content and its half the price. How does HBO explain that?

Disney also doesn't even have a lot of their own stuff right now, let alone most of the Fox stuff. HBO Max will have better content at launch and for the near future.

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

What other stuff will it have?

Think every WB property in existence and that's what they'll throw on there to quote them " Cinemax, New Line, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros., The CW, CNN, TNT, TBS, TruTV, Turner Classic Movies, Crunchyroll, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and others." - https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/29/hbo-max-will-cost-14-99-per-month-and-will-launch-in-may-2020/#targetText=We now know HBO Max,all 21 Studio Ghibli films.

Plus whatever original content they add with HBO levels of budget and quality. Also the new GOT which will be on the show at launch (Supposedly filming in prep for an April launch) which is more than likely going to be May now to launch with the service. 

The streaming Wars will never end because there will never be enough new content to suit the needs of the people who sign up for a free trial and never continue past that.

At least until TV directly into your head happens but that's not until after the second apocalypse, premiering on peacock in 2021. 

• Like 1