The Streaming Wars

THE DUKE

How will you consume content?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which way will you be entertained?

• Streaming Options (1 or more)
    • I'm sticking with cable
    • Illicit means of procurement
    • Just over the air channels live
    • I'm a hispter and say I never watch TV/Movies

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

For anyone that has the Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu bundle, I've got a question for you...

So, while watching on my TV, I get ads (because it's supposedly the ad based Hulu as part of that bundle) but, when I watch on my computer, it skips the ads by cycling through the time (so it's a total of like 5 seconds of hangup) and goes right back to the show that I'm watching. Does anyone know why that is? Is it due to ad blocker on my computer or something of the sort?

It's the ad-blocker. Sometimes it will catch the ad-blocker and tell me to turn it off, but that's happened maybe 5% of the time.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 12:54 AM, beekay414 said:

For anyone that has the Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu bundle, I've got a question for you...

So, while watching on my TV, I get ads (because it's supposedly the ad based Hulu as part of that bundle) but, when I watch on my computer, it skips the ads by cycling through the time (so it's a total of like 5 seconds of hangup) and goes right back to the show that I'm watching. Does anyone know why that is? Is it due to ad blocker on my computer or something of the sort?

I have another question, why the hell wasn’t the ad-free Hulu offered in this package? I’d gladly pay an extra $3-5 for no ads. 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

37 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I have another question, why the hell wasn’t the ad-free Hulu offered in this package? I’d gladly pay an extra $3-5 for no ads. 

It is.  All the bundle does is take $6.99 off of your existing Hulu bill.  I still have ad-free and have the bundle.  If you are new to Hulu, just add ad-free after you sign up and you will get billed separately

33 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea not sure how much longer I’m sticking with sling. Can’t even watch TNF due to blackout restrictions like wtf. I don’t live in either the Indy or Houston market.

YTTV. Can't recommended it enough but I've never dabbled in competition so I can't base it off much except I've never had a reason to look elsewhere

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

How much is Hulu with live TV?

@THE DUKE, you’re saying that Disney+ will take 6.99 off whichever Hulu package I get?  

How much would Disney+ and Hulu with live TV cost?

Not sure how much Hulu with Live TV is, but I have Hulu with no ads and I pay $12.99 for the Disney+ Bundle and it takes $6.99 off my Hulu bill, so i'm getting Disney+, ad free Hulu, and ESPN+ for something like $18 or $19 a month.

• 10 months later...

Has anyone else tried Peacock?  I've been giving it a try since it's free with ads, and while the Roku interface is still a little clunky, it hasn't been bad.  I'm capping out on the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle, Netflix, and Prime, but since this has a free option, why not?  There seem to be the same amount of ads in a 2.5 hour movie as there is in a 45 minute show which is a little weird.  It's not bad at all for the movie, but it's noticeable on the tv show.  I do like that almost all the ads are in the first half of the movie and then it doesn't interrupt the climax at all.  I've been burning through the Harry Potter movies, and watched Deathly Hallows Part 1 yesterday, and the last ad was with over an hour left in the movie.  It has a "premium" and "premium plus" versions for $5 and $10 respectively, but I don't see myself doing either of those anytime soon.  And as far as I can tell:

Premium = No ads, but still limited content

Premium Plus = Full library content with no ads

Worth giving the free version a try if you can stomach ads.  I haven't seen an ad break longer than a minute yet, so they aren't too bad, it's not like Hulu's ad content where it might be 2-2.5 minutes of ads.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Welp, YTTV really did their best to work out that deal with Disney...... I guess.....

Signed up for Sling Orange just to get ESPN for bowl season and that's as long as YTTV gets with me unless they fix this dispute.

Anyone have Fubo or Hulu experience? Pros and cons of each?

Edited by BobbyPhil1781