Mike Vrabel

dtait93

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Our remaining 8 opponents are a combined 38-23. Our first 8 opponents are a combined 24-36 and we are sitting at 0.500.

I would not be surprised at all if we finished 6-10 or 7-9. I’m kind of expecting it honestly.

The killing part is of course we want to see our team do well & compete for a championship but it’s like we know if we go to the playoffs Vrabel is for sure coming back 🥴🥴🥴. He’s totally regressed as a HC & it’s like every week he’s out coached 

13 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

The killing part is of course we want to see our team do well & compete for a championship but it’s like we know if we go to the playoffs Vrabel is for sure coming back 🥴🥴🥴. He’s totally regressed as a HC & it’s like every week he’s out coached 

I could get behind the CEO type of head coach we want Vrabel to be if he understood what he wants out of the offense the same way he understands what he wants out of the defense and all of its intricacies. The problem is he doesn’t. I don’t think he has a clue about the offensive side of the ball to be honest with you.

Edit: And tbh I wonder how this defense would even perform without Pees. He wasn’t good with Houston his first year as DC, and he definitely wasn’t good either last year against Indy when Pees had to leave the game because of his eye.

Edited by dtait93
  • Like 1

I don't think he's regressed. Last year we went for it on like 4th and 7 on our own 30 yard line and had our FS throw a 30 yard pass to a backup FS. 

We also went for 2 against LA instead of trying to go to overtime last year. 

He's always been aggressive on 4th downs. I'm actually behind the decision to go for it here, just not the playcall. The difference between brilliance and stupidity in these situations is often the result.

The Falcons one was the biggest one to me. Just zero reason to go for it there. It was stupid regardless of the result.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I don't think he's regressed. Last year we went for it on like 4th and 7 on our own 30 yard line and had our FS throw a 30 yard pass to a backup FS. 

We also went for 2 against LA instead of trying to go to overtime last year. 

He's always been aggressive on 4th downs. I'm actually behind the decision to go for it here, just not the playcall. The difference between brilliance and stupidity in these situations is often the result.

The Falcons one was the biggest one to me. Just zero reason to go for it there. It was stupid regardless of the result.

You sure about that? 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

You sure about that? 

There’s other dumb stuff he did 

not challenging the PI call that was called on Butler the opening drive vs Indy

not challenging the Allen catch last week when he only got 1 foot in on 3rd down

challenging a catch that the receiver got both feet in bounds a few plays after the Allen catch last week

Edited by Titans fan 617

38 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

not challenging the Allen catch last week when he only got 1 foot in on 3rd down

challenging a catch that the receiver got both feet in bounds a few plays after the Allen catch last week

The PI against Indy wasn't gonna be overturned. Fans were just mad but refs have proved they're basically never overturning those.

Allen absolutely had both feet in.

And id you're talking about the Mike Williams catch a few plays later that was also a catch.

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

You sure about that? 

I didn't see the JAX one, and the LAC one I've come to accept was the right decision.

IND and ATL are the worst ones, but I think he's just been in these situations more this year and the results have been worse. He's not a different coach though.

53 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Allen catch he definitely had both feet in bounds. And also, I think I remember that being reviewed somehow anyway? PI hasn't really been overturned that much anyway. If it could be a game changing decision, sure roll the dice. But on onening drive, it doesn't make that much sense to waste a challenge and timeout.

55 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I didn't see the JAX one, and the LAC one I've come to accept was the right decision.

IND and ATL are the worst ones, but I think he's just been in these situations more this year and the results have been worse. He's not a different coach though.

His exact words before he season started, “I want to be aggressive not reckless.”

He’s been reckless and emotional. Just look at his response in the post game press conference against Buffalo when he was asked what he was thinking when he sent Santos out to try and tie his career long after missing 3 FG’s earlier through the game. “I asked him if he wanted it.” Pure trash.

We were in all sorts of close games last year and he was not making all of these boneheaded decisions.

Someone on Twitter did some win probability on the 4th down try. Going for it was the correct decision, however the fake kick was a lower win probability than just kicking it. Needed to be an offensive attempt and it increases win probability. That's kind of how I felt about it.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

The PI against Indy wasn't gonna be overturned. Fans were just mad but refs have proved they're basically never overturning those.

Allen absolutely had both feet in.

And id you're talking about the Mike Williams catch a few plays later that was also a catch.

Butler never touched the guy that would of been overturned 

There was 1 catch where Allen did not have both feet in it was his first catch of the drive on 3rd down I believe.

Then Vrabel challenged the Mike Williams catch a few plays later or the Keenan Allen catch after that I forget which one but it was a dumb challenge is what I’m saying 

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

His exact words before he season started, “I want to be aggressive not reckless.”

He’s been reckless and emotional. Just look at his response in the post game press conference against Buffalo when he was asked what he was thinking when he sent Santos out to try and tie his career long after missing 3 FG’s earlier through the game. “I asked him if he wanted it.” Pure trash.

We were in all sorts of close games last year and he was not making all of these boneheaded decisions.

Coaches use that kind of coach speak all the time. He has definitely been too emotional.

If we don't convert the fake punt in the first quarter against IND last season it is very easily considered reckless and not aggressive. It's who he is. He's had more of them this year, for sure, but I don't think he's different. His aggressiveness isn't paying off so it's magnified. What's the point of being aggressive if you fail everytime?

Again, I'm not saying he hasn't been bad. I'm just saying I don't think he's a different guy than last year.

As @titans0021 said, I have a much bigger issue with his OC right now, and if this is the offense he wants Smith to run, I don't want to see him as our HC.

Edited by TitanSS

51 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Allen catch he definitely had both feet in bounds. And also, I think I remember that being reviewed somehow anyway? PI hasn't really been overturned that much anyway. If it could be a game changing decision, sure roll the dice. But on onening drive, it doesn't make that much sense to waste a challenge and timeout.

Butler never touched the guy and after listening to Mike Perrira yesterday when TB challenged the flop on Firkser, Mike said there would have to be no contact for a call to get overturned and if I remember correctly Butler didn’t do anything and that was on 3rd down and lead to a Colts TD

32 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Butler never touched the guy and after listening to Mike Perrira yesterday when TB challenged the flop on Firkser, Mike said there would have to be no contact for a call to get overturned and if I remember correctly Butler didn’t do anything and that was on 3rd down and lead to a Colts TD

I don't have that strong of a recollection of what that looked like. I know that they haven't overturned any of the PI I caught being challenged, though.