Mike Vrabel

dtait93

if our front office had any semblance of logical consistency, they'd fire the whole staff after this year. these people were hired for the express purpose of going from "good to great" and have made an absolute farce of it. it's unmitigated failure.

but that probably won't happen, and we'll probably just get more excuses.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if our front office had any semblance of logical consistency, they'd fire the whole staff after this year. these people were hired for the express purpose of going from "good to great" and have made an absolute farce of it. it's unmitigated failure.

Good to great was rat poison they poured down our throats and we drank that ****

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the truth of the matter is that this was an easier team to watch under mularkey.

Under Mularkey we played bad but wasn't as out of sync offensively, I think. 

More bad plays from players than bad coaching? Is that accurate or am I remembering only good?

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Under Mularkey we played bad but wasn't as out of sync offensively, I think. 

More bad plays from players than bad coaching? Is that accurate or am I remembering only good?

we definitely weren't as much of a mess offensively. now, the offensive scheme was rigid and outdated and mularkey and robiskie were god-awful at adapting when things weren't working, but there was an obvious plan and clear identity there.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We were also a significantly better team.

we won a damn playoff game with a roster that was clearly less talented than the one we have now.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

I mean the FO fired a coach that won a playoff game just because he wouldn't change OCs, so I wouldn't count out Vrabel getting the axe.

I still don’t necessarily believe that firing Mike Mularkey was a mistake. I appreciate his stint for what it was, but 2017 was the best he was ever going to do here. I’m honestly not so sure we wouldn’t be following this exact same trajectory had we kept him. In fact, it might’ve happened a year sooner. 

It’s beginning to appear that our mistake was putting too much faith in Mike Vrabel, and that’s unfortunate, because he was supposed to be the “culture change” that everyone’s still yearning for. 

10 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

I still don’t necessarily believe that firing Mike Mularkey was a mistake. I appreciate his stint for what it was, but 2017 was the best he was ever going to do here. I’m honestly not so sure we wouldn’t be following this exact same trajectory had we kept him. In fact, it might’ve happened a year sooner. 

It’s beginning to appear that our mistake was putting too much faith in Mike Vrabel, and that’s unfortunate, because he was supposed to be the “culture change” that everyone’s still yearning for. 

oh no, i’m definitely not saying firing mularkey was a mistake. it was a gamble for sure, but it was the right move. but boy did we screw up on the follow-up hire.

• Like 1

I don’t put a lot of today’s game on Vrabel

Titans had 1 player to stop and they failed miserably 

I know Butler got hurt but the defense was pathetic on 3rd down today 

We all wanted Succop back but he just had an awful day

Arthur Smith is running the offense and isn’t doing a great job 

The issue with Vrabel is he needs to make changes to the O-Line Coach and OC but decisions like that are really hard to make when no one is in waiting 

The byes coming up in 2 weeks but I don’t think we see changes 

I had a lot of faith in Vrabel after last year but this franchise is a mess

I really don’t want to blow it up because we should have great corner stone pieces in place with Lewan Conklin Smith  AJ Davis Simmons Evans Brown and Byard but we are missing the great coaching and missing the franchise QB 

With the way that this team has been playing and the overall morale/vibe of the entire organization I'm starting to think that nothing is going to get better until we start fresh. If the wheels fall off of this season, and we miss the playoffs we're going to be hard pressed to have a lot of confidence (if any) in Vrabel in year 3. I said it several weeks back, and I still stand by wanting our head coach and whoever our next Franchise QB is to be on the same time table. I don't want a young QB we draft in April to walk into his rookie year with Vrabel in a lame duck year, and probably fired midway through the QB's rookie season or afterwards just like what happened with Marcus. 

Continuity is great and in an ideal world we wouldn't be firing another head coach after 2 years, but continuity just for the sake of continuity when the team is clearly a disaster can be catastrophic for everyone involved including our rookie QB next year if/when Vrabel is fired, because we still disappointed in year 3 of his tenure. I just feel like it's more of a logistics thing with where our Franchise is at currently. If we hold off on drafting a QB and Brady is rolling in here to QB the team for a few years with a new OC that's a different story, but at the moment I don't trust Vrabel at all to be the guy to develop our next Franchise QB.

I might be willing to give him another shot if he can bring in an experienced OC, but if we have a couple more losses like today I'm going to have a real hard time not wanting to just cut ties entirely. There's too much talent on this team to completely waste it with an inept coaching staff for another year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I mean the FO fired a coach that won a playoff game just because he wouldn't change OCs, so I wouldn't count out Vrabel getting the axe.

If they were willing to do that, I wouldn't be shocked if Vrabel is staring down the barrel of a gun in week 17 if we're at say ... 5-9.