Mike Vrabel

dtait93

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'd like to think we can find a spot for the old man. 

But where/what? Do you think Pees retires and he takes over as DC? Would he sign on as something other than DC?

And if he is DC, you don't want him for more than a couple years. His defenses almost always get worse year after year.

more of Pees praise, but my god that D last night 

hooker and Cruikshank each played like 25 snaps. Definitely learned from what the chargers did last year. Logan Ryan was huge in containing Lamar, and so was Rashaan. Just kept pushing him sideways all game 

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

hooker and Cruikshank each played like 25 snaps. Definitely learned from what the chargers did last year. Logan Ryan was huge in containing Lamar, and so was Rashaan. Just kept pushing him sideways all game 

Agreed.  Our defense seems to be getting better and better as the postseason moves on.  Nearly everyone had their moments, and Jurrell is starting to look like 2014-2018 Jurrell again.

32 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Our defense played good enough to win & Henry sealed the deal, but we had some luck with drops also by the ravens, & Lamar made several big throws I remember on 3rd & long. Though it’s hard to play zone an entire game on your heels VS attack

Yeah but I'll take some of them plays. It took heroic efforts by him or the WR to make the play.  Nothing came easy. 

We played a great defensive game. Made them uncomfortable and do things they don't do well consistently like pass. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Our defense played good enough to win & Henry sealed the deal, but we had some luck with drops also by the ravens, & Lamar made several big throws I remember on 3rd & long. Though it’s hard to play zone an entire game on your heels VS attack

Twas the gameplan all along. Lamar isn't an accurate thrower of the football and a lot of those drops are on him from throwing ducks. WR drop rate goes up with QB accuracy goes down.

Stop him from running and you stop the Ravens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yeah, I really wondered before the game if there's any chance we might use Hooker to play them similar to how Chargers played them last year. Just now have the chance for the first time to sit down and watch the game. Mid-2nd quarter I haven't seen enough of those formations yet, but super impressed with Evans and Long so far.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Twas the gameplan all along. Lamar isn't an accurate thrower of the football and a lot of those drops are on him from throwing ducks. WR drop rate goes up with QB accuracy goes down.

Stop him from running and you stop the Ravens.

Yea he was throwing so many ducks, terrible footwork and sometimes just stood stationary in the pocket.

i know the hot comparison is Jackson vs Mahomes but anyone picking Jackson is a clown. He’s not even in the same stratosphere as Mahomes 

• Like 1

I said this earlier in the season when we sucked and got slammed by some posters, but it's up to a head coach to instill a winning culture, mentality and identity into a team. Just like Swinney has done in Clemson,  McVay did in LA, etc. And the quotes from the players in this article help support that:

Here’s another: Kevin Byard said “the change in culture here has been incredible” under Vrabel, which is interesting because it seemed pretty good before he arrived. He took over a team that had just won a playoff game, at Kansas City, under Mike Mularkey.

“It’s a different level of brotherhood, it’s a different level of unity,” Byard said. “And honestly, I think the biggest thing is, we truly believe we can win every game we’re playing in.”

https://theathletic.com/1537949/2020/01/16/a-wack-job-with-heart-on-the-secret-to-mike-vrabels-success/

• Like 1

Man I really hope that our team ends up dominating the 2020s. We've suffered for so long, these past two playoff games have been some of the best and most fun to watch in forever. And I'm nervous for KC because it feels like this team has a legitimate chance to make the Super Bowl, instead of assuming we will just lose.

• Like 2