Mike Vrabel

dtait93

5 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Vrabel needs to think about a QB change too it’s getting really annoying to see Mariota only see 10 yards infront on him and is scared to take shots down field when you have guys like Davis and Brown

The receivers don’t have time to run more than 10 yards before the entire pocket collapses.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I really thought Vrabel was going to be a strength for this franchise but I was wrong.

His OL coach needs to be fired

His OC was a bad choice. Everyone tries to find the next McVay but right now the Titans need someone that knows how run an offense

Vrabel needs to think about a QB change too it’s getting really annoying to see Mariota only see 10 yards infront on him and is scared to take shots down field when you have guys like Davis and Brown

We just need an experienced guy. Someone that knows how to run the basic fundamentals. I don't even need creativity now. Just understand down distance, personnel etc. 

Give me some old guy for all I care. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

The receivers don’t have time to run more than 10 yards before the entire pocket collapses.

Can't fault him for looking for the playmakers when he holds the ball trying to wait for them to get somewhat open. 

He has shown he will throw it before they break. He tried again yesterday. But they weren't ready against better corners or the $100 million line couldn't stop a guy with 3 career sacks from getting that in one game. 

• Like 1

All day I've just felt so defeated thinking about where our team is at right now. I watched some of what Vrabel said and feel even more defeated. Sometimes being a Titans fan is like a bad dream that you can't get out of. It sucks starting to lose faith in your head coach in his second year, because I know unless we completely flame out he'll be here next year and we'll have to endure the same thing all over again. I'm all for continuity, but the thing about continuity is that it has to be with the right guy. If we continue to put out a product like this for the rest of the season that continuity with Vrabel will only be to our detriment as a Franchise just like it was with Fisher for all those years. 

Vrabel was hired under different circumstances than most head coaches, so in a way I feel like it's justified for him to have a shorter leash. He didn't take over a bad team that was rebuilding. He took over a team that won a playoff game, and thought a new coach would take us to the next level and make us contenders. We've digressed so far in his tenure, and will more than likely be missing the playoffs for the second year in a row. I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard to not feel like we would've been in this exact situation or possibly better with Mularkey still running the show. So what does that say about the job Vrabel has done here so far?

The one positive so far in his tenure has been that the defense has been unbelievable. God Bless Dean Pees. I love that man, and I would walk to the ends of the Earth for him. It's just a shame that the rest of the team has made our great defense virtually meaningless, because we can't score any points.

• Like 2

I would just like to stop the knee-jerk reactions and actually give people several years to establish something. Saying a coach is on the hot seat after 4 games is just hilarious to me. Everyone loved him in August after going 9-7 in a season where Blaine Gabbert started 3 games and played significant snaps in 2 others, but now he should be on the hot seat and we should be looking elsewhere?

Get the hell outta here with that.

I'm done with firing someone 20 games into their job. We've tried that already. A new coach every 2 years just for the sake of giving fans "hope" because it's the unknown isn't solving anything.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I would just like to stop the knee-jerk reactions and actually give people several years to establish something. Saying a coach is on the hot seat after 4 games is just hilarious to me. Everyone loved him in August after going 9-7 in a season where Blaine Gabbert started 3 games and played significant snaps in 2 others, but now he should be on the hot seat and we should be looking elsewhere?

Get the hell outta here with that.

I'm done with firing someone 20 games into their job. We've tried that already. A new coach every 2 years just for the sake of giving fans "hope" because it's the unknown isn't solving anything.

what is Mike Vrabel trying to establish?

you're not wrong that playing HC musical chairs is the wrong way to do things. But please...what is Vrabel trying to establish ?

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

what is Mike Vrabel trying to establish?

you're not wrong that playing HC musical chairs is the wrong way to do things. But please...what is Vrabel trying to establish ?

I'm not sure what you mean by what is he trying to establish? If you're talking about the identity thing, I disagree that teams need an "identity".

That's a media concept. An identity is a media term that describes one thing a team does well and means you have a serious deficiency somewhere else.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I'm not sure what you mean by what is he trying to establish? If you're talking about the identity thing, I disagree that teams need an "identity".

That's a media concept. An identity is a media term that describes one thing a team does well and means you have a serious deficiency somewhere else.

Is it a winning culture? A commitment to excellence? Disciplined, hard-nosed football? A modern offense with a high flying attack?

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

these are literally all just buzzwords devoid of substance

It’s not but ok

Vrabel isn’t trying to establish anything. Other than working on “improving and executing better” which he says in every press conference after a loss

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Still no 

I get that you're down and want to point fingers, man. We're all frustrated with this team, but a catch phrase to describe the way a team plays doesn't make a coach any better or worse.

At the end of the day the players gotta go out and execute. The game plan was a winning game plan. Four missed FGs and three first down conversions dropped. 2 TDs brought back for penalties.

Edited by TitanSS

Go look at the job Theo Epstein and Joe Maddon did with the Chicago Cubs and tell me that a winning mentality is media talk. 

Hell, I work in advertising and I notice it at the different agencies I’ve worked at. Different standards and different cultures at different places. Exactly what Bernard Pollard has alluded to multiple times for this team 

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

It’s not but ok

lol. it's about evaluating talent and putting that talent in the best position to succeed. we've done a mediocre job of both of those things and are a mediocre football team. that's literally it. all this other crap is just fluff that journalists like to create narratives with.