Patriots release WR Antonio Brown

RaidersAreOne

Naw, I'm not buying this being CTE. 

I won't say it 100% isn't, but outside of the Seau tragedy, I can't recall any stories about someone causing a boatload of trouble and being so confrontational (feel free to give examples, btw). 

I hesitate to give him the "mental illness" out as well. We've seen enough guys go off their rockers to varying degrees: Adam Muema, Davone Bess, Titus Young, Ricky Williams, Max Hall, to name a few. 

The issue I have, and I'm fully aware that mental illness can affect everyone differently, is that Antonio Brown's only real "acting out" that has been proven is him being an a** hole. And it's not erratic, it's almost incessant. And he seems fully aware, if not prideful or somewhat "justified". 

To me, it screams entitled diva behavior. Again, I could be entirely wrong, but I also don't want to stigmatize what are very real problems by labelling every football player who decides to make an a** of himself as having CTE or a mental illness. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Naw, I'm not buying this being CTE. 

I won't say it 100% isn't, but outside of the Seau tragedy, I can't recall any stories about someone causing a boatload of trouble and being so confrontational (feel free to give examples, btw). 

I hesitate to give him the "mental illness" out as well. We've seen enough guys go off their rockers to varying degrees: Adam Muema, Davone Bess, Titus Young, Ricky Williams, Max Hall, to name a few. 

The issue I have, and I'm fully aware that mental illness can affect everyone differently, is that Antonio Brown's only real "acting out" that has been proven is him being an a** hole. And it's not erratic, it's almost incessant. And he seems fully aware, if not prideful or somewhat "justified". 

To me, it screams entitled diva behavior. Again, I could be entirely wrong, but I also don't want to stigmatize what are very real problems by labelling every football player who decides to make an a** of himself as having CTE or a mental illness. 

The comments about this being CTE after one hit are so baseless. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Exactly. That hit happened in 2016. His teammates had issues with him back until at least 2012

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-saga-troy-polamalu-reportedly-among-steelers-who-had-issues-with-wr-back-in-2012/

1 hour ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

While I won't claim to know whether 1 solid hit is enough to cause it...

I don't see Teddy Bridgewater or Austin Collie (also, how is this poor guy still "normal"?) or countless other players who got absolutely ktfo acting like Antonio Brown. 

So yeah, I agree 100%

If AB is trying to get signed by the Ravens then sounding off on Weddle who most are still good friends with wasn’t a good idea. 

Browns is a def no go now and the Ravens is also probably a no. 

I was looking at all 32 teams and the only one that might take a chance is SF. And I doubt it. 

Bucs and Panthers could take a gamble as well if Rivera is still the coach. A new HC is not taking Brown on under any circumstances. Too risky. 

Titans small shot, doubtful. 

Dolphins zero chance. They are getting Tua and not putting a Rookie QB with a cancer. 

1. 49ers

2. Panthers (if Rivera still there, he’ll be on the hot seat and super desperate)

3. Bucs

4. Ravens

5. Seahawks

6. Titans

Ravens and Seahawks would only sign him if they are trying to limp into the playoffs or something at end of season. Pete Carroll would do whatever he needs to do. 

At the end of the day, it’s hard to imagine any team signing Antonio Brown, ever. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If AB is trying to get signed by the Ravens then sounding off on Weddle who most are still good friends with wasn’t a good idea. 

Browns is a def no go now and the Ravens is also probably a no. 

I was looking at all 32 teams and the only one that might take a chance is SF. And I doubt it. 

Bucs and Panthers could take a gamble as well if Rivera is still the coach. A new HC is not taking Brown on under any circumstances. Too risky. 

Titans small shot, doubtful. 

Dolphins zero chance. They are getting Tua and not putting a Rookie QB with a cancer. 

1. 49ers

2. Panthers (if Rivera still there, he’ll be on the hot seat and super desperate)

3. Bucs

4. Ravens

5. Seahawks

6. Titans

Ravens and Seahawks would only sign him if they are trying to limp into the playoffs or something at end of season. Pete Carroll would do whatever he needs to do. 

At the end of the day, it’s hard to imagine any team signing Antonio Brown, ever. 

The distractions will be just too much for teams to handle.