Patriots release WR Antonio Brown

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Brown has a good shot of getting his money from the Patriots, but I don't see how he gets anything more than a few hundred thousand from the Raiders.

If he wins any grievance against them then I'll be surprised and disappointed.

Raiders cut him before news of the lawsuit came out.  All of his actions pre-lawsuit news justifies the Raiders’ decision.   Pats kept him for MIA game even knowing about the lawsuit.  The tweets he allegedly sent are going to be a pretty thin argument given what the suit alleges (rape), and the Pats’ decision to keep him. 

Key part of the Yahoo piece - the team language never supersedes the CBA language.   It’s supposed to expand on CBA or address facets not covered.   But it can’t override the CBA language.   If that’s the case the Pats do seem like they are on the hook and the Raiders covered.   

If true this might be the only time we can say the Raiders FO were a lot smarter than the Pats FO.   Seems like the Pats are going to take a 9M cap hit.  

Gotta feel for that Pats fanbase.  When’s the last time they had something to cheer about? 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Brown trying to recoup $61 million through 9 different grievances from both the Raiders and Patriots, including his option year of $20 million from the Patriots.

Well...he definitely shoots for the moon.

Id be surpised if their is a shred of doubt in his entitled mind.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 10:35 AM, evilpimp972 said:

Baker is the troll, he knew what would happen lol

Hahahahaha! And did you see what happened on the field?! Ravens got stomped. "Lamar should never have been drafted after Baker...?"

You just don't know anything about Baker, do you? He isn't a troll, but he also isn't going to take anything from anyone. And he doesn't have to. Someone compared him to AB and he called them (and AB) on it. The truth hurts.

36 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Hahahahaha! And did you see what happened on the field?! Ravens got stomped. "Lamar should never have been drafted after Baker...?"

You just don't know anything about Baker, do you? He isn't a troll, but he also isn't going to take anything from anyone. And he doesn't have to. Someone compared him to AB and he called them (and AB) on it. The truth hurts.

To be fair, Jay Cutler could've come out of retirement and had a similar day to Baker yesterday. Everyone was running wide open on most plays.

If you don't believe me:

First contested throw not to a wide open WR is at the 3:03 time stamp - in the 3rd quarter lol

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

To be fair, Jay Cutler could've come out of retirement and had a similar day to Baker yesterday. Everyone was running wide open on most plays.

If you don't believe me:

First contested throw not to a wide open WR is at the 3:03 time stamp - in the 3rd quarter lol

Oh, I believe you. I have watched some of the game and will watch the rest. I was specifically addressing those comments more than actually comparing Lamar vs Baker.

8 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Probably should've let this thread die BUT:

AB released a video of himself working out (in a sports bra(?!), no less) in case some team is needing his services.

https://amp.tmz.com/2019/10/07/antonio-brown-training-nfl-comeback/

He needs to record himself in a psychiatrist or neuropsychologist’s office. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Probably should've let this thread die BUT:

AB released a video of himself working out (in a sports bra(?!), no less) in case some team is needing his services.

https://amp.tmz.com/2019/10/07/antonio-brown-training-nfl-comeback/

Not a sports bra, it is a performance tracker used in sports now to track all sorts of different metrics for games/practices. 

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/29/us-soccer-stars-to-play-with-gps-performance-trackers/