GOTW #2 | Week 4 | #11 Michigan @ #13 Wisconsin

naptownskinsfan

Who wins this matchup?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

No it wasn't. It's football and he barely missed dude's shoulder. It also doesn't happen if the refs weren't inept.

Or just don't do it. The guy was down, with two guys wrapped around him. We all know "cleaning up" hits like that are illegal. So maybe just don't do it?

Just now, mse326 said:

Ok, what's your point. I said it's ridiculous he's considered defenseless not that they got the call wrong

My point is that if you actually try and tackle someone rather than truck stick a guy that's going down, you don't get that call.

4 minutes ago, winitall said:

I get all the complaints about the 1st hit.  But that second hit was dirty.

wasnt dirty... he didnt attempt to wrap & tackled with his shoulder which you cant do but he was already committed to making contact before Macs knee was down & the movement of everything contributed into the tackle being so severe (in my expert opinion obviously)

Just now, beekay414 said:

No it wasn't. It's football and he barely missed dude's shoulder. It also doesn't happen if the refs weren't inept.

First one is iffy but the second no attempt was made at all to avoid contact he was already going down. I’m sure if the roles were reversed this entire thread would be bitching about it, regardless Wisconsin is probably going to put up more than 8 points and make up the difference, not sure why they were ever ranked behind Michigan to start with.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Or just don't do it. The guy was down, with two guys wrapped around him. We all know "cleaning up" hits like that are illegal. So maybe just don't do it?

It's a super fast game and these things happen within microseconds and fractionally miss spots. It's all luck. You try to process that when trying to make that tackle.

It is what it is. That play doesn't happen if the refs weren't inept and called the first one.

1 minute ago, broncosfan07 said:

First one is iffy but the second no attempt was made at all to avoid contact he was already going down. I’m sure if the roles were reversed this entire thread would be bitching about it, regardless Wisconsin is probably going to put up more than 8 points and make up the difference, not sure why they were ever ranked behind Michigan to start with.

Not really. It was just pure luck that it happened the way it did. He barely missed his shoulder. In no way was he head hunting. 

1 minute ago, broncosfan07 said:

no attempt was made at all to avoid contact he was already going down. 

the issue with this argument is that he was going down, but not completely down... & players were already in full motion/momentum... its basic physics that cant be argued which is why is so frustrating for defensive players since they are always in a terrible spot to try & stop momentum mid movement.

these kind of rules have flaws that heavily penalize the defensive player for something thats impossible to control unless you change the rules of tackling completely... basically turning a contact sport into touch football. this argument can never be won from either side & will forever be a topic of frustration for fans & teams alike unless the sport stops enforcing the rules & deals with the fact that its a contact sport

Archived