The Polls are open; Miami to 0-16 or not 0-16?

Kiwibrown

Worst start in NFL hisotry   

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have the phins going 0-16

2. 2. Will they be known as the worst team in nfl history?

3. 3. If they go 0-16 will the nfl put in a rules to prevent tanking?

• Yes; draft lottery for bottom 5
    • Yes; other specify
    • No

Look at their roster.
Look at how disgruntled their players are.
Look at their remaining schedule based on what we know two weeks into the season.
Look at their HC (former Patriots) with no HC experience.

Look at all of this and give me one good reason why I should not truly believe that they will go 0-16? 

@    Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Chargers
Washington Redskins
@    Buffalo Bills
@    Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets
@    Indianapolis Colts
Buffalo Bills
@    Cleveland Browns
Philadelphia Eagles
@    New York Jets
@    New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals
@    New England Patriots

Worst all time they are going up against teams like the 1976 Bucs and the 1990 Patriots.

Teams like the 2008 Lions and the 2017 Browns were just not bad enough on stats and talent.

• The Browns were a 3 or 4 win team that got Kizer'd.
  • The Lions had 17 TDs and 18 picks.  Megatron had 1300 yards and 12 TDs.

A team like the 1996 Jets was a 4 win team that was slathered in Kotite. (1-15)

• A lot of those guys were in the AFCCG 2 years later with Parcells

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Look at their roster.
Look at how disgruntled their players are.
Look at their remaining schedule based on what we know two weeks into the season.
Look at their HC (former Patriots) with no HC experience.

Look at all of this and give me one good reason why I should not truly believe that they will go 0-16? 

@    Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Chargers
Washington Redskins
@    Buffalo Bills
@    Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets
@    Indianapolis Colts
Buffalo Bills
@    Cleveland Browns
Philadelphia Eagles
@    New York Jets
@    New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals
@    New England Patriots

Well it's hard to go 0-16 during a regular season. I could easily see them steal a win against the Giants, Jets, Redskins or Bengals. They have two games against Jets. I think they manage to win one of them.

And Patriots could rest their starters in week 17

• Like 1

Last 4 weeks they could easily have 1.1 locked in.   Teams they play could be decimated by injury or resting guys.  

I get they are going full tank right now.  But a lot has to go “right” to go 0-16.   You need a Hue Jackson level bad HC and/or historically bad play from your QB & trenches.   

MIA has awful OL play - perhaps even worse than ARI 2018, which was historic level bad.   So that’s 1 step.   I don’t think Rosen is historically awful.  Nothing says yet that Flores is Hue-level bad.   The D actually held up vs  NE for 1H but got gassed with the heat and O going 3 and out forever. 

I do think playing Kalen Ballage shows they are in full tank mode though  lol.  No other explanation. 

Edited by Broncofan

The Jets lost a game this year where they had 4 takeaways and were up 2 scores going into the 4th quarter up 2 scores while also winning the time of possession. They could lose to the Bills. They could beats the Jets and maybe the Giants depending on how their rookie is looking.

4 minutes ago, FinSting said:

He’s fast.  And terrible at actual football skills. 

I say that as someone who thinks Grier is actually doing the right thing for this rebuild.  But there is zero doubt IMO that MIA is spending one of those day 2 picks on their 2020 starting RB.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

No to all 3. The league cant do anything to prevent tanking really. Its really hard to go 0-16. They played 2 of the best teams in the NFL and once again play another tough one this week but injuries happen and Rosen will not go out to tank. They have 4 divisional games that aren't guarantees, and the Bengals and Redskins at home and the Giants on the road. Not saying they should be favored in any of those but they are winnable

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He’s fast.  And terrible at actual football skills. 

I say that as someone who thinks Grier is actually doing the right thing for this rebuild.  But there is zero doubt IMO that MIA is spending one of those day 2 picks on their 2020 starting RB.  

I'd rather see them spend those picks on the OL because isn't it atrocious?