The Polls are open; Miami to 0-16 or not 0-16?

Kiwibrown

Worst start in NFL hisotry   

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have the phins going 0-16

2. 2. Will they be known as the worst team in nfl history?

3. 3. If they go 0-16 will the nfl put in a rules to prevent tanking?

• Yes; draft lottery for bottom 5
    • Yes; other specify
    • No

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He’s fast.  And terrible at actual football skills. 

I say that as someone who thinks Grier is actually doing the right thing for this rebuild.  But there is zero doubt IMO that MIA is spending one of those day 2 picks on their 2020 starting RB.  

Ballage was hella bummed after the last game, he made mistakes and was quite embarrassed. He'll do better! 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd rather see them spend those picks on the OL because isn't it atrocious? 

Keep in mind they have 5 day 1-2 picks.  I absolutely think they hit OL for 2-3 of those picks.  QB early if Rosen isn’t the guy.  But that doesn’t preclude RB on Day 2 in a loaded elite class.   They can hit QB 2-3 OL & still get RB on Day 2. And if Rosen is the answer, then there’s  even more flexibility.  More the message is that 2020’s starting RB isn’t likely on the roster, assuming Drake is traded.    

Edited by Broncofan

51 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Keep in mind they have 5 day 1-2 picks.  I absolutely think they hit OL for 2-3 of those picks.  QB early if Rosen isn’t the guy.  But that doesn’t preclude RB on Day 2 in a loaded elite class.   They can hit QB 2-3 OL & still get RB on Day 2. And if Rosen is the answer, then there’s  even more flexibility.  More the message is that 2020’s starting RB isn’t likely on the roster, assuming Drake is traded.    

This whole tanking thing seems ridiculous when you think they spent a 2nd round pick on Rosen...Like if you were going to tank and tank THIS hard where they are trading recently drafted 1st rounders, then why spend such a high pick on someone when in all likelihood you're drafting Tua?

22 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This whole tanking thing seems ridiculous when you think they spent a 2nd round pick on Rosen...Like if you were going to tank and tank THIS hard where they are trading recently drafted 1st rounders, then why spend such a high pick on someone when in all likelihood you're drafting Tua?

The thing is if Rosen shows well the next 13 games - they can sell 1.1 for a mint if he shows he’s the guy. Or they can trade Rosen for a better pick than 2.64.   Because if he plays well there’s no doubt he’s a franchise QB (whereas a struggle doesn’t close the book on Rosen completely - a situation with even a below average but not historically awful OL would tell the tale) - It just gives Grier options.  

There’s clearly risk that the trade doesn’t work out but it’s not the craziest risk taken, not by a long shot.  The fact MIA has accumulated so many early picks, I get the thinking.   

Frankly this is a better gamble than CLE took with Kizer - because frankly Kizer was a project who wasn’t ready to start yet got thrown in right away to the wolves.  At least we know Rosen can play.   No OL whatsoever is a bit unfair of a test (mild understatement lol) but they need to know with absolute certainty what they have before next draft.  So here we go...

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Keep in mind they have 5 day 1-2 picks.  I absolutely think they hit OL for 2-3 of those picks.  QB early if Rosen isn’t the guy.  But that doesn’t preclude RB on Day 2 in a loaded elite class.   They can hit QB 2-3 OL & still get RB on Day 2. And if Rosen is the answer, then there’s  even more flexibility.  

That's what I'm hoping...that Rosen balls out and proves to be good enough. Then use this boatload of picks on the weak spots. You know, everywhere. 

Also wanna win some games this year and end all this tanking talk. 

I gave it the no-yes-no.

It's hard to go 0-16. At least someone on that team is going to keep trying, at least to show off for other teams. 

That being said, the Lions team that went 0-16 had more talent. I think we've seen teams that played decently enough but still fell 0-16, 1-15, etc. Even the Browns a couple years ago, they had an ok team and probably should have won more games than they did. This Dolphins team is playing some guys as starters who very well wouldn't make other teams rosters, and they've played terribly from a fundamentals standpoint. Between a lack of talent, poor coaching, a lack of confidence, and a losing mentality, I'd say they could very well go down as the worst team ever fielded, whether they win a game or two or not. 

There's really no way of stopping "tanking". As I said above regarding some of those Lions and Browns squads, they competed but just got outclassed. How would the league really police that? I don't think the Cardinals hired Wilkes last year with the intention of firing him and getting the #1 overall pick. At least not out the gate. But that squad just couldn't get much of anything done, and looked bad at what they did. Under an anti-tanking policy, I find it hard to justify taking their #1 pick away or fining them or whatever other remedy there may be without setting an already bad franchise further behind. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

The thing is if Rosen shows well the next 13 games - they can sell 1.1 for a mint if he shows he’s the guy. Or they can trade Rosen for a better pick than 2.64.   Because if he plays well there’s no doubt he’s a franchise QB (whereas a struggle doesn’t close the book on Rosen completely - a situation with even a below average but not historically awful OL would tell the tale) - It just gives Grier options.  

There’s clearly risk that the trade doesn’t work out but it’s not the craziest risk taken, not by a long shot.  The fact MIA has accumulated so many early picks, I get the thinking.   

Frankly this is a better gamble than CLE took with Kizer - because frankly Kizer was a project who wasn’t ready to start yet got thrown in right away to the wolves.  At least we know Rosen can play.   No OL whatsoever is a bit unfair of a test (mild understatement lol) but they need to know with absolute certainty what they have before next draft.  So here we go...

There is zero chance of that happening though. They just traded the best OL they had and he has 0 running game. Already established starters at QB would look terrible there. They aren't giving him any chance to succeed which makes it all the more crazy they traded for him at all. This looks like Major League where the owner brings in everyone to fail. 

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

@    Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Chargers
Washington Redskins
@    Buffalo Bills
@    Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets
@    Indianapolis Colts
Buffalo Bills
@    Cleveland Browns
Philadelphia Eagles
@    New York Jets
@    New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals
@    New England Patriots

If the Patriots have home field locked up by week 17 I'd love to see BB mess up their draft pick.

The whole tanking as a strategy thing is dumb anyway. Even if they start nailing their draft picks, the foundation would be too trashy for them to succeed and you'll have to waste years of those players' primes building around them. If you have a competent FO you don't need to tank to rebuild; all of the good teams are constantly reloading. This is not the same league as the NBA, I'd much rather be in the position of a so-called treadmill team like the Titans. All you need to do is make one right hit on a QB and you are in serious contention. And you don't need to be terrible to find a QB. 

• Like 1