6. Pete Maravich

7. Isiah Thomas

8. Gary Payton

9. Allen Iverson

10. Steve Nash

Honorable Mentions = Bob Cousy, Chris Paul, Walt Frazier, Jason Kidd

Who here agrees?  

1. Curry

Steven Nash shouldn't be on an all-time list.  He has MVPs and stats, but he wasn't better than Jason Kidd or Chris Paul.

It won't be long until Curry is #2. Outside shot at hitting #1. Nash is better than Iverson, Isiah and Pistol. Same with Kidd. I hate him but CP3 is top 10 too.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:38 PM, showtime said:

1. Curry

Steven Nash shouldn't be on an all-time list.  He has MVPs and stats, but he wasn't better than Jason Kidd or Chris Paul.

So two other guys who should be top 10 are better than him, big whoop. Nash is absolutely top 10 all time. His offensive impact was otherworldly.

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It won't be long until Curry is #2. Outside shot at hitting #1. Nash is better than Iverson, Isiah and Pistol. Same with Kidd. I hate him but CP3 is top 10 too.

So two other guys who should be top 10 are better than him, big whoop. Nash is absolutely top 10 all time. His offensive impact was otherworldly.

Nash is better than Isiah Thomas?  You trippin.  Nash isn't even in his league.

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Nash is better than Isiah Thomas?  You trippin.  Nash isn't even in his league.

Based on what? Steve Nash offensive was an offensive savant and one the most impact players ever. Isiah was just a higher volume scorer who was way better on defense at a position where it's not that big of a deal. Here is a great breakdown of how important he was.

http://www.backpicks.com/2018/02/22/backpicks-goat-19-steve-nash/

Edited by Bullet Club

On 9/25/2019 at 2:29 PM, Bullet Club said:

Based on what? Steve Nash offensive was an offensive savant and one the most impact players ever. Isiah was just a higher volume scorer who was way better on defense at a position where it's not that big of a deal. Here is a great breakdown of how important he was.

http://www.backpicks.com/2018/02/22/backpicks-goat-19-steve-nash/

I think it was Isiah's defense that propelled him over Nash in my rankings. I will give CP3 the nod for his consistent play over a long period but Nash was more impactful   during his MVP runs than cp3 ever was which is why he landed 10 but I honestly thought all my HM's had an argument to be in there.

8 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I think it was Isiah's defense that propelled him over Nash in my rankings. I will give CP3 the nod for his consistent play over a long period but Nash was more impactful   during his MVP runs than cp3 ever was which is why he landed 10 but I honestly thought all my HM's had an argument to be in there.

Isiah is pretty overrated by the casual fan. Him being the best player on two well balanced title teams makes people forgive a lot. He also gets more credit defensively than he should because everyone remembers those Bad Boy Pistons were monsters on that end. He gets overrated individually because of it. He was great but he'd be 10 or 11 for me.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, roger murdock said:

1. Magic

2. Curry

3. Paul

4. Oscar

5. Isiah

6. Nash

7. Kidd

8. Cousy

9. Westbrook

10. Payton

Something along those lines. Not ranking Chris Paul is bananas. Maravich was an insane ball hog and shouldnt be in the top 25 convo. Counting West and Iverson as SG as they spent a lot of time there.

I'm sorry but any list without Stockton is just ludicrous.

• Like 3

Magic - the best player ever at making a team or teammates play their best. Though his half court offense and take over games was way overrated.

--- the real battle for number 2 begins.

2 - Isiah Thomas - not only can he do everything great (except maybe defense) earns my number 2 over Curry because Thomas I would trust far more, "in a FOX HOLE" to come up big in a BIG playoff game. (though Larry "stole the ball" on Isiah for a trip to the finals) and Stockton due to take over late ability

3  - Stockton - purest PG all time, extremely consistent and reliable. By far the most assists ever and most steals ever.

4 - Steph Curry - most amazing offensive juggernaut in any ERA. ( a very rare change a generation and how players/kids play type of player) Also sets up teammates well. Could be number 1. Seems to have too many less than Par Playoff games vs Big Ones.

5- thru 10 will fill out at a later time.

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1