Who do you want as HC

LoganF89

I think it is time to try a defensive minded head coach. If I recall correctly, there's never been one under Snyder. Snyder unfortunately isn't going anywhere for a while s. No specific name comes to mind and I don't think we'll be able to land a hot name like Kris Richard. The Colts DC Matt Eberflus would be interesting. But we'd probably have to settle on a retread like Chuck Pagano or Jim Schwartz. 

• Like 1

Looking at the names thrown around this thread and the couple I like would never work for Dan Snyder, let alone Bruce Allen. We can only hope Snyder realizes this needs to be an organization shifting/clear the building type offseason, like when Cerrato and Zorn were canned for Bruce and Shanny. I don’t get how he’s owned the team 20 something years and only had 2 GMs (3 counting McGloughan) and hasn’t won a damn thing.

That said I would start the search higher up the ladder than head coach. Someone needs to be brought in that can stabilize the building. Even if it’s an old timer like Polian, Wolf, even Casserly or Parcells. Someone who won’t be afraid to tell Snyder he’s wrong and is respected around the league.  Let him pick his successor, who’s also a football guy. From there build the coaching staff, cap people and scouting department. 

How many more draft picks do we need who can’t wait to get out of there in free agency? How many more free agent signings that are just there for a check and know they have no shot of winning? Sorry to vent, Jesus it’s only week 4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

I think it is time to try a defensive minded head coach. If I recall correctly, there's never been one under Snyder. Snyder unfortunately isn't going anywhere for a while s. No specific name comes to mind and I don't think we'll be able to land a hot name like Kris Richard. The Colts DC Matt Eberflus would be interesting. But we'd probably have to settle on a retread like Chuck Pagano or Jim Schwartz. 

We all know Marvin Lewis ran the team during the first year of the Spurrier debacle, so there's at least one.  I am not sure if Schottenheimer trended in either direction.  

I wouldn't mind Chuck Pagano at all.  I still think he has options that are better than working with Snyder.  Same with Schwartz- I'd rather be the Eagles DC waiting for a job than to take the Redskins one.  

18 hours ago, taylor made said:

Yes! This! We haven’t had a defensive minded head coach since Marty Schotenheimer. 

My thought was Kris Richard too.

16 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Looking at the names thrown around this thread and the couple I like would never work for Dan Snyder, let alone Bruce Allen. We can only hope Snyder realizes this needs to be an organization shifting/clear the building type offseason, like when Cerrato and Zorn were canned for Bruce and Shanny. I don’t get how he’s owned the team 20 something years and only had 2 GMs (3 counting McGloughan) and hasn’t won a damn thing.

That said I would start the search higher up the ladder than head coach. Someone needs to be brought in that can stabilize the building. Even if it’s an old timer like Polian, Wolf, even Casserly or Parcells. Someone who won’t be afraid to tell Snyder he’s wrong and is respected around the league.  Let him pick his successor, who’s also a football guy. From there build the coaching staff, cap people and scouting department. 

How many more draft picks do we need who can’t wait to get out of there in free agency? How many more free agent signings that are just there for a check and know they have no shot of winning? Sorry to vent, Jesus it’s only week 4. 

There’s no way any of those 4 men work for Dan Snyder unless he gave them a piece of ownership and that may not even do it. 

I’ll also say this:

1. Snyder fired Casserly and blamed him - rightfully so - for the Redskins falling apart in the mid 90s after being good to great from the early 70s until the early 90s.

2. Polian, no thanks. His ideas lately and talent evaluation from when he was on ESPN were awful. The man drafted Jim Kelly and Peyton Manning, if he hadn’t drafted Kelly and Manning, no one would even think that much of him. 

3. Parcels was awful in his last stint in that type of Team President role when he was hired in Miami, I want nothing to do with him either.

4. Ron Wolf is 80! 80!! 

We need new young blood. I want nothing to do with guys who are near 80 or are 80 and frankly haven’t been involved much with football at all recently.

Edited by turtle28

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would be down with Gibbs running a search committee for the next General Manager.

Me too. That’s a good idea, although Gibbs has been out of the game for 12 years now.  What kind of connections does he still have to today’s up and coming talent at GM & guys who are head coaching quality?

Let’s not forget when he came back in 2004, the game seemed to have passed him bye in that first season until he adjusted the next year.

Kinka gets to the point of we need to just go with the young blood.

Promote Kyle Smith and let him hire the next HC.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

There’s no way any of those 4 men work for Dan Snyder unless he gave them a piece of ownership and that may not even do it. 

I’ll also say this:

1. Snyder fired Casserly and blamed him - rightfully so - for the Redskins falling apart in the mid 90s after being good to great from the early 70s until the early 90s.

2. Polian, no thanks. His ideas lately and talent evaluation from when he was on ESPN were awful. The man drafted Jim Kelly and Peyton Manning, if he hadn’t drafted Kelly and Manning, no one would even think that much of him. 

3. Parcels was awful in his last stint in that type of Team President role when he was hired in Miami, I want nothing to do with him either.

4. Ron Wolf is 80! 80!! 

We need new young blood. I want nothing to do with guys who are near 80 or are 80 and frankly haven’t been involved much with football at all recently.

You clearly missed the part where I said whoever should put his successor in place. What the building needs more than anything right now is credibility. Some “new young blood” would just be seen, by us and by the rest of the league, is another Snyder puppet. It doesn’t have to be one of those 4 names. 

Your really gonna knock Parcells, who turned 4 franchises from complete trash to perennial contenders, for what happened in Miami? His son-in-law, Jeff Ireland, was really in charge.