NFL Players - They Do GOOD Things Too!

Uncle Buck

It seems like we are constantly being bombarded with stories from the media about all the knucklehead acts being done by NFL players.  I don't know about you, but I think this gets really old after a while.  For that reason, I thought I'd start a thread where we can post and hear about some of the good things these young men are doing in our communities.  Have a story about one of your team's good guys?  Post it here and let's see if we can get some positive vibes rolling for our favorite sport!

I just saw this post on Twitter and it made me think to start this thread.  Here's hoping Diggsy has a big game this weekend for Brooke!

• Like 1

The story I should have started this thread out with was what Browns' HOF Offensive Tackle, Joe Thomas did for one of our own.  Check out the Crakburn thread at the top of the Browns Forum if you aren't familiar with the story.  It was very cool what he did for Crakburn on one of his final days.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 8

Saints drafted a DL that took a gun away from a kid on a school bus and tossed it out the window.

Some kid pulled out a gun and started waving it around. DL bullrushed him and took it, then tossed it.

totally sucked in the NFL though.

don't remember his name.

within 5 years.

• Like 2

Other than that, Drew Brees once kept a small-time San Diego based diamond wholesaler in business for like 3 years, just out of the kindness of his heart.

Edited by Dome
Edit: Also, Junior Galette was a big supporter of all the local strip clubs during his NOLA tenure.
  • Like 2