Texans @ Los Angeles (Chargers)

ET80

I have no real complaints today. The first quarter was a disaster, but the team collected themselves and executed a really solid gameplan. Playcalls were opportunistic and didn't try to force things (run game wasn't working, so no need to run; Screen game was a mess, so don't call screens).

Ka'imi was a concern, I guess. But, it was a great performance from all units.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I have no real complaints today. The first quarter was a disaster, but the team collected themselves and executed a really solid gameplan. Playcalls were opportunistic and didn't try to force things (run game wasn't working, so no need to run; Screen game was a mess, so don't call screens).

Ka'imi was a concern, I guess. But, it was a great performance from all units.

Jonathan Joseph. He's now officially a major concern. I'd actually give Aaron Colvin a shot over Joseph at this point, Joseph is a step slow on just about every play. His experience gets him pretty far against #2, #3 WRs, but putting him against a #1 is a disaster waiting to happen (which we saw against the Saints and Michael Thomas as well as Keenan Allen today).

Joseph is a valued leader, a voice of reason, a sure fire Ring of Honor inductee. But right now, he's a massive liability against pretty much every WR he's lined up on.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Jonathan Joseph. He's now officially a major concern. I'd actually give Aaron Colvin a shot over Joseph at this point, Joseph is a step slow on just about every play. His experience gets him pretty far against #2, #3 WRs, but putting him against a #1 is a disaster waiting to happen (which we saw against the Saints and Michael Thomas as well as Keenan Allen today).

Joseph is a valued leader, a voice of reason, a sure fire Ring of Honor inductee. But right now, he's a massive liability against pretty much every WR he's lined up on.

Hell no to Colvin. RAC needs to recognize JJo and help him. He actually plays better in press. Allow Roby and Johnson to play the better WRs. JJO can still lock up secondary guys. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Hell no to Colvin. RAC needs to recognize JJo and help him. He actually plays better in press. Allow Roby and Johnson to play the better WRs. JJO can still lock up secondary guys. 

The Colvin comment was more ghoulish overkill, but I see Joseph just getting flat footed in coverage, reacting late and unable to recover against savvy route runners - a quick cut or shake in a route and I don't think Joseph can recover. 

Maybe he's a better press guy, but I don't think you can hide his deficiencies with scheme. Athletically, he just doesn't have the speed or explosiveness in his game anymore.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The Colvin comment was more ghoulish overkill, but I see Joseph just getting flat footed in coverage, reacting late and unable to recover against savvy route runners - a quick cut or shake in a route and I don't think Joseph can recover. 

Maybe he's a better press guy, but I don't think you can hide his deficiencies with scheme. Athletically, he just doesn't have the speed or explosiveness in his game anymore.

QFT... JJo in slot might be answer... until Crossen is ready.  Or play JJo in  some type of safety role... IIRC he did so effectively at end of game today.

4 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

QFT... JJo in slot might be answer... until Crossen is ready.  Or play JJo in  some type of safety role... IIRC he did so effectively at end of game today.

I'd be OK with Joseph getting in some sort of CB/S hybrid role. With Justin Reid dealing with a shoulder issue, another presence back deep with a high football IQ would be good. 

While I'm on the Reid topic, he was seriously injured (looked like a shoulder separation from how he was favoring his right arm) but he was gutting it out back there. I like Reid's tactical game at the position, but the tenacity he showed today really makes me like him as our long term leader in our secondary.

If you ask me, he earned a "C" on his jersey today. 

• Like 2

In hindsight, Tytus Howard was playing a lot of solo on Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa and stood them up. That was actually a fantastic performance from him. 

Tunsil/Howard at the bookends with Scharping at IOL might be be foundation to a really, REALLY good OL.

Texans OL went from six sacks to four sacks to two sacks in consecutive weeks. That should be music to all of our ears, well worth the price paid (three first and two seconds' for three players).

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

In hindsight, Tytus Howard was playing a lot of solo on Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa and stood them up. That was actually a fantastic performance from him. 

Tunsil/Howard at the bookends with Scharping at IOL might be be foundation to a really, REALLY good OL.

Texans OL went from six sacks to four sacks to two sacks in consecutive weeks. That should be music to all of our ears, well worth the price paid (three first and two seconds' for three players).

I know most of you hate Martin but he’s in that core 4 we have. Fulton is the only guy who might not be starting for the next 5 years 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

I know most of you hate Martin but he’s in that core 4 we have. Fulton is the only guy who might not be starting for the next 5 years 

I'm indifferent on Martin. I don't like him for the money he's making, but I am basing this on AAV. If this contract is front loaded, I guess it's OK.