1. 1. Where will Jim Harbaugh coach?

• University of Michigan
    • Washington Redskins
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Denver Broncos
    • Detroit Lions
    • Takes a Year Off
    • Other

I agree he is likely gone from Michigan.

I dont think he will take any job.  If the right opportunity is out there, sure, but he isnt some up and comer who needs to take any job he can get.  Even with his failure at Michigan, his NFL stock will be high, so unless he is desperate for money, he can wait a year or two for an NFL job. Hell, he might even become a commentator in the meantime.

• Like 1

He’s a good coach not a great one. His problem is Michigan is a second tier program and their fans/media don’t want to acknowledge it. They’re gonna win 8-10 games a year, never win their conference and get destroyed by their rivals/big dogs of the sport. That’s your lane right now and own it

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

He’s a good coach not a great one. His problem is Michigan is a second tier program and their fans/media don’t want to acknowledge it. They’re gonna win 8-10 games a year, never win their conference and get destroyed by their rivals/big dogs of the sport. That’s your lane right now and own it

Isn't that exactly the point, Michigan SHOULD be a tier one program and Harbaugh was hired to get them back to that level but hasn't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Isn't that exactly the point, Michigan SHOULD be a tier one program and Harbaugh was hired to get them back to that level but hasn't.

They're a tier two program fielding a tier three team (at best) under Harbaugh. Getting absolutely demolished by Wisconsin and deserving to lose a crap fest versus Army in OT doesn't describe a tier two team.

Edited by Duluther

18 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

I thought about Carolina but Cam is done. He had a window and it's over. Too many injuries on his body. And Carolina will probably win a few games and draft a lot later than a Miami or Washington. Denver probably not a fit because of the egos with Elway.

Harbaugh would be able to get his own QB though, if that’s the case.  So I don’t think it would stop him from coming - after all, he agreed to coach the 49ers and that was before anyone thought Alex Smith was any good.

I don't watch college ball, yet I was randomly thinking about his tenure with Michigan yesterday, and if his time was running out. Carolina would be interesting, and that would be my guess now that it's been mentioned. Relationships would clearly be important though. Would David Tepper be able to tolerate his strong persona? 

Edited by PapaShogun

2 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I could see him going to Miami as he will have a trillion high picks to build the team in his own image.

Plus, there's the Stephen Ross thing. If Harbs gets canned, I wouldn't be at all surprised if (fairly or not) Flores is one and done in Miami in favor of Harbaugh. Suppose it depends on how Ross feels about Harbs' performance at Michigan overall since he's an alum and all that noise.