• University of Michigan
    • Washington Redskins
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Denver Broncos
    • Detroit Lions
    • Takes a Year Off
    • Other

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Harbaugh won't admit to any shortcomings in either himself, or his program.

And so won't go anywhere. 

Him handing over the reigns to a 35 year old first-time coordinator he has zero personal familiarity with shows pretty clearly that he's admitting to some shortcomings. Of course, it seems that's going to be a mistake, but him keeping Pep Hamilton would have been refusing to see any shortcomings.

Edited by JammerHammer21

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I would go in the opposite direction. I think Gattis was a conservative pick coming from Bama. Yeah, he worked with PSU, but I wouldn't even say that Franklin's spread system from PSU is that significant of a change. I think going after somebody like Graham Harrell would have been a ballsy pick.

Nah, Gattis was a pretty huge wild card. He was likely headed to be Maryland's "OC," but Locks would have called plays for now. Michigan had a strong power running game from under center and scrapped that completely with Gattis. It was thought that his experience with a few good minds, as well him saying he had a large hand in game planning (the extent to which this is true is obviously a concern now), but seems like he really wasn't ready for this.

2 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Nah, Gattis was a pretty huge wild card. He was likely headed to be Maryland's "OC," but Locks would have called plays for now. Michigan had a strong power running game from under center and scrapped that completely with Gattis. It was thought that his experience with a few good minds, as well him saying he had a large hand in game planning (the extent to which this is true is obviously a concern now), but seems like he really wasn't ready for this.

What I'm saying is that Gattis might be a "wild card," but his scheme isn't the sort of radical departure I'd want. He's kind of a compromise pick.

11 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Isn't that exactly the point, Michigan SHOULD be a tier one program and Harbaugh was hired to get them back to that level but hasn't.

Why SHOULD Michigan be a tier one program? It’s not like they were lighting it up the previous decade before he got there.

12 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Isn't that exactly the point, Michigan SHOULD be a tier one program and Harbaugh was hired to get them back to that level but hasn't.

Michigan has won one national title since 1948. I get that they have a ton of history, but they really aren’t a top program relative to some of the actual top programs of the last 20-30 years.

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Harbaugh is gonna be the Browns head coach at the end of the year when Kitchens gets fired. 

Baker will win mvp under him 

Seriously doubt he goes into the same division as his brother and seeks to play each other twice a year.

They would have to seriously hate each other and want to cause family calamity for him to do that.

I think the Tennessee Titans and Carolina Panthers would both be great fits. Especially the Titans. One would have to think that even though Vrabel has had some success, if they miss the playoffs with the division losing Luck, with that Texans OL blocking for Watson, and with the Jaguars being down a QB plus having superstar concerns... he could ultimately find himself on a short leash heading into next year.

I think Jim, if he loses the Michigan job, would sit out the 2020 season.. perhaps join the Ravens staff officially or unofficially as an advisor/special assistant to the HC type role. Before going for the newly opened Titans gig in 2021.