3-0

incognito_man

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Yea we need a lot less Allison and Graham out there. Go with Tonyan at TE. He'll only improve as the season goes on. At WR, I'm hoping we make a move before the trade deadline. 

MVS had a nice day.  If he can continue to improve we might have something with him.

3-0    Feels great.

There is work to do on O and D.  

Need to find some improved rhythm on offense.  Feels disjointed with getting plays in and finding things that are working.  The scripted plays work well, but once that is done, things are quite hit and miss.   Facing some tough defenses certainly does not help, but when you get to the playoffs, that is what you will be facing...most likely.   I think an improvement at the WR2 spot would help

Defense is getting TO, but that is something that can disappear and forcing punts is needed.  (see 2011 for reference).  Hopefully the return of Burks can help the run D, but I am not overly confident in that happening.  

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The offense capitalized off turnovers, scored 27 points and it’s “ lousy”? 

Some of you have to be amongst the most miserable people walking this planet.  Like legit nothing must satisfy you . 

It was a good performance. Not great, but good. Certainly far from lousy. 

Winning in this league isn't easy.   You make a mistake and your opponent will bury you.  Today we made fewer mistakes than Denver did and that is a major reason why we won.

1 hour ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

It’s all relative but it feels to me like every week gets a little better and it shows in points scored. And Rodgers got rid of the ball today pretty consistently. Still doesn’t feel like the offense is clicking or Rodgers is all world form, but combined with the crazy good defense it’s definitely headed in the right direction.

I don’t know. Call me a homer if you want (wouldn’t be inaccurate) but I certainly wasn’t expecting 3-0 and that feels pretty damn good.

Also, This far I think the offense has been tested with these past 3 defenses far more than our defense has with the offenses. 

AR does seem to be moving well in the pocket to avoid rushers so that is encouraging.

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

HofF moment in sports broadcasting from the early years at Tampa Bay:

Reporter: How do you feel about the execution of the offense?

Coach McKay: I’m in favor of it. 

McKay was something else.  xD  I recall he joked to a reporter who complained about swearing by his players.  And he mocking said  something like --- Imagine that!  Cursing on a football field?  What is this world coming to?"  lol

2 hours ago, packerjmf said:

When has Rodgers had a legitimate tight end? And while perhaps not scheming for tight ends, the Shanhan coaching tree loves 2 and 3 tight end sets. If you’re gonna have tight ends on the field, you’d like them to be able to do something in both running and passing plays, since the whole reason they’re out their is to allow the possibility of either. Being a TE didn’t stop Kittle from being the 9ers most prolific receiving option last season.

Jerad Cook