3-0

incognito_man

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is even being debated or discussed?

Literally everybody loves the Smith acquisitions. 

Are we hating on Gute for not getting Clay/Perry out a year earlier?

Looks to me like a good comparison is all. Oh and bashing on CM3 and Perry. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Make no mistake. I'm not playing up Daniel Jones - certainly not as much as you're willing to play AR down.

We're talking about a "pure as the driven snow" rookie - making his very first start in the NFL - against a decent - not top 10, but decent defense - and he lit it up.

VERSUS - a two time MVP, SB winner.....whispered about GOAT QB for GB - who's far less than stellar performances you're "accepting" of because, well its those tough defenses.

I remember a time AR used to light up ANYBODY's defense.

I'm not here to run anybody down. Not my style, but I'm not looking past stuff thats right before my eyes just because I'm a "fan"
I dont know what its gonna take to fix this offense or for it to perform better. Nope. I dont have those answers - but something had better happen cause we're gonna lose this defense - the best we've had in a long, long time - if the offense doesnt start to carry its weight.

Earlier I posted some STARK stats on our performance on 3rd down. It's *terrible* We're....I dont even know how bad %-wise, but its far, far, far more likely we'll be walking off the field and punting than converting on 3rd down.

2 of 21 3rd down conversions of 6yards+
Two conversions.
Nineteen times - NINETEEN TIMES - walking off the field

I cant remember the other stat - but it was equally as bad and its totally unsustainable.

I'm not here to run the team down or give any answers about what they have to do....but they've got to do something. Perhaps starting with reinventing the TE position. We seem to have lost ours.

Agree.  And, I think the days of Rodgers lighting up any defense in the league are well behind him at this point, sadly.  He hasn’t shown the ability to adapt to become an aging QB in the same way as other prolific aged QB’s have. This might be a WYSIWYG situation with Rodgers from here out, unless he adopts a new mindset.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fun game to be at, I was probably as drunk as @Norm today

Not sure about him as a playcaller yet, but we have ourselves a head coach. First time seeing that team live. Loose, energetic, they have fun, they're tight knit. This locker room is the kind that sticks together and makes playoff runs. Just have to get the offense there.

Thought the offense was plagued by the same stuff. Tonyan has a TD in drive #2 but he lets up in his route right as Rodgers released the ball and he can't build up enough speed to get under it. Then Rodgers comes out next play and fires an easy 1st too high to GMo. MVS two 3rd down drops. Some penalties and the fact that whenever Rodgers pulls the ball on an RPO all our WRs are blocking, that's got to get sorted quick, 3rd week in a row. Could've easily been another game like Minny, 30+ points and a relaxing 4th Q. Too many mistakes.

Eagles don't have a great defense, they're coming off a defeat and they have to make a trip out here on a short week, this needs to be the game they get it going and sustain it.

I thought Pettine called a helluva game :/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fun game to be at, I was probably as drunk as @Norm today

Not sure about him as a playcaller yet, but we have ourselves a head coach. First time seeing that team live. Loose, energetic, they have fun, they're tight knit. This locker room is the kind that sticks together and makes playoff runs. Just have to get the offense there.

Thought the offense was plagued by the same stuff. Tonyan has a TD in drive #2 but he lets up in his route right as Rodgers released the ball and he can't build up enough speed to get under it. Then Rodgers comes out next play and fires an easy 1st too high to GMo. MVS two 3rd down drops. Some penalties and the fact that whenever Rodgers pulls the ball on an RPO all our WRs are blocking, that's got to get sorted quick, 3rd week in a row. Could've easily been another game like Minny, 30+ points and a relaxing 4th Q. Too many mistakes.

Eagles don't have a great defense, they're coming off a defeat and they have to make a trip out here on a short week, this needs to be the game they get it going and sustain it.

I didn't drink at all today. You're now the official forum drunk.

Yeah I also wonder how different things are if that connects with Tonyan

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I just shake my head at the idea that, in this league, with the teams we’ve played, we’re supposed to play perfect offensive football and score 42 points a game. 

I’ll take this season and these players just the way they are. It’s very entertaining. So are posts that express specific concerns about the double bogies.

“We suck on offense” posts less so. 

The same exact thing was said about our defense for years. Remember how those years ended ? 

35 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yep some truth. If I could read lips at one point AR said “explicit word play calls”.  After one series AR came off pouty MLF went over to see him coming off and AR didn’t want much. So MLF went and saw him on the bench and AR seemed to be wordy to him. Did not look constructive but MLF stuck with it. I think our QB has made himself tough to coach. 

That’s what I thought too..

MLF was trying, but  I am worried. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Make no mistake. I'm not playing up Daniel Jones - certainly not as much as you're willing to play AR down.

We're talking about a "pure as the driven snow" rookie - making his very first start in the NFL - against a decent - not top 10, but decent defense - and he lit it up.

VERSUS - a two time MVP, SB winner.....whispered about GOAT QB for GB - who's far less than stellar performances you're "accepting" of because, well its those tough defenses.

I remember a time AR used to light up ANYBODY's defense.

I'm not here to run anybody down. Not my style, but I'm not looking past stuff thats right before my eyes just because I'm a "fan"
I dont know what its gonna take to fix this offense or for it to perform better. Nope. I dont have those answers - but something had better happen cause we're gonna lose this defense - the best we've had in a long, long time - if the offense doesnt start to carry its weight.

Earlier I posted some STARK stats on our performance on 3rd down. It's *terrible* We're....I dont even know how bad %-wise, but its far, far, far more likely we'll be walking off the field and punting than converting on 3rd down.

2 of 21 3rd down conversions of 6yards+
Two conversions.
Nineteen times - NINETEEN TIMES - walking off the field

I cant remember the other stat - but it was equally as bad and its totally unsustainable.

I'm not here to run the team down or give any answers about what they have to do....but they've got to do something. Perhaps starting with reinventing the TE position. We seem to have lost ours.

What TE position?  There hasn't been one all year.   I think the coaches all know they have to do something different and/or better.  Rome wasn't built in a day ... give them a few more games and we'll see.  That being said .. we're 1st in the NFC North.

45 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Was ticked off that I didn’t get to watch the game today, but reading this thread, I guess I don’t feel bad that I missed it.  Saw some tweets that Rodgers was pouting some, and even arguing with MLF on the sidelines again this week.  Any truth to these comments?

No. Not really. They talked briefly on camera once but Aaron didn't look all that mad, annoyed a bit, but nothing major

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I don't think anyone thinks we need to be perfect and score 50 points per game to be satisfied. It's just  frustrating when we go into a long stretch of drives where the offense can't move the ball at all and can't convert 3rd downs. Every packer fan is thrilled we are 3-0, but some are acting like the team is excused of any criticism because we're 3-0.

I can agree with you that given this defense you don’t need 40 points, but you do need some clock-eating drives. 

I don’t know if you saw Aaron’s post-game presser, but he refused to accept that okay play on his part was enough to win games. He specifically said he still wants to be great. I think I stumbled onto something when I said that he is competing with this defense.

I don’t dismiss Aaron criticism completely. If he is having an existential crisis about being great, that really could keep him from accepting an offense that grinds in small bites. 

And that is the great question of our time. Kind of. How close to functional alignment are the offensive visions of our coach and our QB?

Edited by Uffdaswede

Just now, coachbuns said:

What TE position?  There hasn't been one all year.

I agree.

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

I think the coaches all know they have to do something different and/or better.  Rome wasn't built in a day ... give them a few more games and we'll see.

If you and I do - I'm sure they do as well and you're chatting with the "it takes time" guy. I apply the "it takes time" across the board - I'm just really fearful we dont come out of this funk soon enough to prevent damaging this defense.

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

That being said .. we're 1st in the NFC North.

This is true and we're all thankful.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, snackattack said:

@SSG doesnt like the Z signing, but he may be the only one. Figured this got put here for him

I've already eaten my crow about being wrong about the Z Smith signing after the week 1 game.  If that was put there for me then it was a waste of time.  Yes, I didn't like the signing.  I was leery of paying a guy like an all pro who's got the career passing rushing statistics that Z has.  He's proven me wrong as he's playing at a higher level than he's ever played at in his pro career.

This defense has proven my opinions this summer wrong in more than one instance (I thought Savage was a reach and didn't like the pick).  I've got no issues being wrong or admitting to being wrong, I  wish others didn't.

Edited by SSG
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I get we played the Vikings and Bears the first two weeks, but you can't sit here and tell me they were the only reason this offense looked as bad as it did. Because it's not. 

Get real ... of course that's not the only reason.  I'll repeat this again .... new system, new coach, no preseason snaps, figuring out who sucks and who doesn't.  It takes time which they haven't had much of.  They must get better and I expect them to.   

23 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

We currently lead the league in 3 and outs. For this offense to really turn any kind of corner, it has to start there. A true slot guy would really go a long way in making that work as right now having Allison catch passes around the LOS is just asking for negative plays. 

I think this is it.  The offense has been feast or famine.  We either score or don't get a first down.  So many three and outs is not good for the defense.  We will definitely run into trouble if we can't score or sustain drives when we play the Cowboys, and Chiefs later in the season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I can agree that with this defense you don’t need 40 points, but you do need some clock-eating drives. 

I don’t know if you saw Aaron’s post-game presser, but he refused to accept that okay play on his part was enough to win games. He specifically said he still wants to be great. I think I stumbled onto something when I said that he is competing with this defense.

I don’t dismiss Aaron criticism completely. If he is having an existential crisis about being great, that really could keep him from accepting an offense that grinds in small bites. 

And that is the great question of our time. Kind of. How close to functional alignment are the offensive visions of our coach and our QB?

Forgive me for using Brady and BB as an example, but what makes them successful is Brady has always bought into BB’s system, and BB understands Brady’s age and physical limitations and therefore designs an offense that perfectly fits his personnel. 

Man, if AR and MLF get on the same page with an offense that fits the personnel, it could be special again.  

• Like 1