Lions VS Eagles Takeaways

Just Want A Title

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think our record is better than we are.  It was a good win on the road against a solid team but they were beat up and injuries killed them.  We hads ome fortunate plays with the fumbles.  We look solid for 3 quarters and then fold, which is annoying because we should be winning comfortably instead of letting these teams back in.  We get conservative on O and then don't get 1st downs and then the D is out there a lot and gets tired. 

Overall I think we are a middle of the road team that has caught some breaks so far.  We don't impress me too much. 

I watched the game now.

I think we are seeing a team come together and gel.

There were so many great individual plays in this game.

The oline did a really good job and Frank Ragnow had a beast of a game.

There was a play Stafford to Jones where the hand off was faked to KJ and he broke the fake and swung to his left chip blocking a LB on a clear shot to Stafford. While the running game may not be there KJ does something every week that impresses me.

Thomas made an excellent grab.

The dline is being maligned, especially Flowers. He had an awesome game. He doesn’t always show up on the stats count but the guy is playing very well. There were numerous times the line got pressure with three guys. 

Golladay struggled but he made a catch with a corner all over him. If he hadn’t made the catch the corner would’ve been arrested for assault. 🤠

I’m guardedly optimistic about this team. (I think that’s as happy about this team as I can get, ever!)

This week will be a good test. San Diego and Philly are both viewed as good teams. They got the win in both. This week a really good team with the MVP at the helm comes to town.

I’m watching for attitude on the Lions. If they fall behind, do they throw in the towel. If they have the lead do they go for the kill or slack off. 

Hows the energy. Are they going to play to the whistle? Does the D pursue TIL the end?

I think this game will probably give us a good indication of what the Lions are.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I watched the game now.

I think we are seeing a team come together and gel.

There were so many great individual plays in this game.

The oline did a really good job and Frank Ragnow had a beast of a game.

There was a play Stafford to Jones where the hand off was faked to KJ and he broke the fake and swung to his left chip blocking a LB on a clear shot to Stafford. While the running game may not be there KJ does something every week that impresses me.

Thomas made an excellent grab.

The dline is being maligned, especially Flowers. He had an awesome game. He doesn’t always show up on the stats count but the guy is playing very well. There were numerous times the line got pressure with three guys. 

Golladay struggled but he made a catch with a corner all over him. If he hadn’t made the catch the corner would’ve been arrested for assault. 🤠

I’m guardedly optimistic about this team. (I think that’s as happy about this team as I can get, ever!)

This week will be a good test. San Diego and Philly are both viewed as good teams. They got the win in both. This week a really good team with the MVP at the helm comes to town.

I’m watching for attitude on the Lions. If they fall behind, do they throw in the towel. If they have the lead do they go for the kill or slack off. 

Hows the energy. Are they going to play to the whistle? Does the D pursue TIL the end?

I think this game will probably give us a good indication of what the Lions are.

The Chargers and Eagles were projected to be good.  They are both 1-2 and the Eagles are not close to full strength.  And we barely snuck by them both.  I am hopeful for this team, but they also let Arizona come back in a game they had in the bag.  I agree this game will give us a good indication of where we stand.  I don't think we have what it takes to win, especially if Slay is out but I hope we remain competitive like the Ravens did.