Week 3 - Rams @ Browns

stl4life07

The first pick by Goff wasn't a horrible decision, the defender made a heck of the play on the ball and Goff left it in a pretty good spot to not get intercepted. On the second one, he just didn't see the linebacker drop back into coverage. My assumption is he was expecting, based off coverage, for the linebacker to either jump forward or flow to Goff's right leaving the over open. He shouldn't have made the throw for sure. He made a few throws into some coverage that were questionable, but until someone pulls us the game tape hard to see what Goff saw. It did look like Goff and McVay were getting into a bit on the sideline, which I like. Fire Goff up a little. Some decision making that shouldn't be happening anymore. Need to see progress.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

It’s expected for him to get a win tonight.  He was facing a team whose entire starting secondary was injured.  He just got paid the most guaranteed money of all time. He’s a number one overall pick. Those are the expectations. But he can’t be sloppy with the ball. 

I don’t know if it’s he can’t read defenses or just doesn’t make good decisions with the ball sometime. 

Another thought is if McVay is holding him back. Which sounds weird. But McVay is a type A personality who micromanages things. I wonder if winning games forced McVay to “give” Goff the answers instead of letting Goff learn himself (which might take longer, leading to less wins)

Idk about that level of confidence at least with me. Like Im always nervous when the Rams play on SNF because they have lost each of the last 3 times they played and they have looked terrible. The thing about Goff that Im confident in is that he isnt normally sloppy with the ball. He doesnt generally turn the ball over much.

You have mentioned stuff thats interesting to think about but we dont truly know. All we do know is the Rams are (3-0) and other than the Patriots, they have the most wins as a team since the start of 2018. Plus the Rams under McVay are (15-3) on the road which is the best in the NFL. So the Rams find a way to get the job done at the end of the day and thats the only thing that matters to me. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Idk about that level of confidence at least with me. Like Im always nervous when the Rams play on SNF because they have lost each of the last 3 times they played and they have looked terrible. The thing about Goff that Im confident in is that he isnt normally sloppy with the ball. He doesnt generally turn the ball over much.

You have mentioned stuff thats interesting to think about but we dont truly know. All we do know is the Rams are (3-0) and other than the Patriots, they have the most wins as a team since the start of 2018. Plus the Rams under McVay are (15-3) on the road which is the best in the NFL. So the Rams find a way to get the job done at the end of the day and thats the only thing that matters to me. 

Rams are also 21-0 with McVay when leading at the half

• Like 1