New Coaches

mwalker

The D produced some turnovers today, but I still don't believe in Butler. I like Fitz.
However, Fitchner is awful. I don't think he's the coordinator if not for his Ben buddy-ship.
Without Ben, he's exposed. I thought the offensive game plan was atrocious today.

You have to scheme to get receivers open, not just rely on individual match ups.
And right now, we don't have receivers that can consistently create separation,
or play calling that creates mismatches and open space. Rudolph will get killed
or at least be ineffective if he has to wander around waiting for separation like Ben did.

This felt like a game plan from the past. No motion, no unique routes that opened up space.
Predictable, slow and unimaginative.
It just feels like without Ben winging it, there's really nothing clever happening with Fitchner.

I'm tried of seeing this team schematically deficient on both sides.
On a side note, Villanueva hasn't been great this year.

• Like 1

Has Tomlin ever fired a coordinator? 

If I’m remembering correctly Arians, Lebeau, and Haley all had their contracts run out and didn’t bring them back. 

Something needs to happen to shake this up. You had the chance to walk away from Coaches in the off-season and you did the bare minimum to show change after you talked about it. 

Butler needs to lose his job. Even if he is just a scapegoat and Tomlin is already calling everything (seemed like it today). 

You cant fire Fitchner. I have no idea who would call plays and you can’t do that to Mason....as much as I would like to. 

I would can Butler and decide between Moncreif or Switzer whose locker I want to clean out. I think Switzer would have a much bigger effect because he seems to be here solely by relationship. 

I’m not knee jerk reaction type of person....but a reaction is what we need to create. So go create one before the whole ship goes down. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mwalker said:

This felt like a game plan from the past. No motion, no unique routes that opened up space.
Predictable, slow and unimaginative.
It just feels like without Ben winging it, there's really nothing clever happening with Fitchner.

I'm tried of seeing this team schematically deficient on both sides.
On a side note, Villanueva hasn't been great this year.

Trent William next year in UFA if he is there? Move AV to RT? He has been pushed around a bit this year. No cap space is what I expect, nullifying this anyways

Edited by 3rivers

2 hours ago, August4th said:

since Ben is coming back, will he let them fire Randy? can see all these guys staying for next yr and then clean house and start new in 2021

Ben is not coming back. Read my lips. He is G-O-N-E. 

$33.5m off the books. Insert a nominal dead money charge. Remove AB's $21.5m dead money charge. 

Lose Chickilo, Moncrief, Burns, Dupree, Vinny and you're sitting on $70m in cap space.  

Would you really want Roethlisberger back?!??? Honestly. You saw the NE game. 

You guys seem to think it's 2008 and we're in 2019... going on 2020. It's comical. 

You saw how slow he was. You saw how little he cared. And now he has a fettuccine elbow at age 38. And that's all he needed. 

The horse has been dead for quite some time. He won't retire because he's a greedy pig. 

You trade him. You move on.  

Here is the reality. Colbert, Tomlin are guaranteed to stay. Ben went on IR, they have a built in excuse. 

Okay, I dont like it but okay i get it. 

Fichtner doesnt only need to be replaced we need fresh blood. Go hire a college offensive guru who specializes in spread offense. Yes, I'm serious, we have 3 young, good WRs, if we go out and get another one, we could run the spread all day. Start using the running game, let Mason Rudolph learn and throw deep.

6 hours ago, Money said:

and you're sitting on $70m in cap space.  

this might appear like a good situation with most teams but I don't  think it matters with colbert at the controls. 

6 hours ago, Money said:

You trade him. You move on. 

Arians would be the only coach to trade for him unless tomlin and richter go somewhere together and start another teamxD

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Ben went on IR, they have a built in excuse.

ok, who are the top 5 prospects in 2021 draft? I don't see a colbert tomlin team with ben next year doing much better unless the OC changes his plan.  The OC and the OL/run game are the problem here right now. It's not QB as much as some say, and it's not the D as much until they get tired because of the offence

Does anyone else here think snell was awaste of higher pick in the draft? He seems really slow out there, with no future unless in short yardage situations. A colbert pick for sure.

Edited by 3rivers

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

this might appear like a good situation with most teams but I don't  think it matters with colbert at the controls. 

Arians would be the only coach to trade for him unless tomlin and richter go somewhere together and start another teamxD

ok, who are the top 5 prospects in 2021 draft? I don't see a colbert tomlin team with ben next year doing much better unless the OC changes his plan.  The OC and the OL/run game are the problem here right now. It's not QB as much as some say, and it's not the D as much until they get tired because of the offence

Does anyone else here think snell was awaste of higher pick in the draft? He seems really slow out there, with no future unless in short yardage situations. A colbert pick for sure.

I think we have three backs that are too similar, bruiser/utility types, and yet, we can't run the ball.
I don't think they all suck, but I think our O Coordinator doesn't know how to call a game or scheme
anything sophisticated or innovative enough to make use of them.

I also think our receivers lack separation, as a unit, and many of us called that a likely weakness when
Brown left. It's proving to be terribly true, but again, I think with the right scheme, it shouldn't be as hard
as it seems to be to get payers open.

The QBs that will be gone - Tua, Herbert. I think T.Lawrence stays. Likely to be gone or close to it J.Love (Utah St.). He's a player.
I think we'll be looking at BPA at the EDGE (Dupree likely gone) DL (Hargrave likely gone) and TE (Maybe you get a shot 
a one of J.PInkney or A.Okwuegbunam. I'm not as high on the EDGE players this year. With an early pick,
which we now don't have, D.Brown from Auburn would've looked awfully good. 

Hell, you could only draft Alabama players in 2020 and have a great draft. We could sure use H.Ruggs.