What do we go in the 2020 draft?

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

No playoff contender is thinking rookie QB as plan A or B (which is how MIN built).  And certainly not by selling the farm to get a QB early.  Rebuilders are the teams we see do that.  Because the season (and sometimes even the next year) is already conceded.    

What if they're 8-8 9-7? Houston traded up for Watson after making the playoffs? I understand that was an aberration but it happened. 

What free agent qb makes them go no not worth it Mariota?

Either a new coach comes in and it's a Buffalo 2018 type possibility or Zimmer and the GM are desperate and it's a 2017 Houston situation. 

Settling on Bortles, Mariota, Flacco seems like more of the same for them. ( if they went Mariota/Flacco I'd think a move would be done midseason get him into the system)

Bradford, Keenum, Cousins. 

Edited by thebestever6
3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

What if they're 8-8 9-7? Houston traded up for Watson after making the playoffs? I understand that was an aberration but it happened. 

What free agent qb makes them go no not worth it Mariota?

Either a new coach comes in and it's a Buffalo 2018 type possibility or Zimmer and the GM are desperate and it's a 2017 Houston situation. 

Settling on Bortles, Mariota, Flacco seems like more of the same for them. ( if they went Mariota/Flacco I'd think a move would be done midseason get him into the system)

Bradford, Keenum, Cousins. 

If Zimmer is there he’s not going to put his hopes on a rookie QB.  He’s as old school pound the rock HC as it gets.  Again the narrative / situation works if it’s a team that isn’t thinking 2020 but 2021+.  Minny’s core is locked up to 2020.  After that they can think future.  But the future is now for them.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Adding Derrick Brown to the list of elite non-QB talents in this drafts with Chase Young, Andrew Thomas and Jerry Jeudy. Jaw-droppng athleticism for his size. Strong enough to be an anchor vs. the run and gets in the backfield in a lot of different ways. Great motor, will have three years of starting experience in the SEC. And has every character intangible you could ask for., really good kid. 

I'd be pretty excited to add him up front and possibly give Vic his Akiem Hicks. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If Zimmer is there he’s not going to put his hopes on a rookie QB.  He’s as old school pound the rock HC as it gets.  Again the narrative / situation works if it’s a team that isn’t thinking 2020 but 2021+.  Minny’s core is locked up to 2020.  After that they can think future.  But the future is now for them.  

Excellent point, I wonder how much pull Kubiak has over there offensively.  I know he was big on Dak from the accounts I've heard. How much trust does Zimmer put into his voice in the room.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2019 at 2:35 PM, BroncoBruin said:

Adding Derrick Brown to the list of elite non-QB talents in this drafts with Chase Young, Andrew Thomas and Jerry Jeudy. Jaw-droppng athleticism for his size. Strong enough to be an anchor vs. the run and gets in the backfield in a lot of different ways. Great motor, will have three years of starting experience in the SEC. And has every character intangible you could ask for., really good kid. 

I'd be pretty excited to add him up front and possibly give Vic his Akiem Hicks. 

Javon Kinlaw another DL who looks like a possible top 10-15 pick. Not the space eating presence Browns brings but ridiculous combo of length, strength and movement skills for his size.

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Javon Kinlaw another DL who looks like a possible top 10-15 pick. Not the space eating presence Browns brings but ridiculous combo of length, strength and movement skills for his size.

I think space eaters can be developed and aren't worth top 10 picks Kinlaw sounds interesting. 

When was the last space eater worth a top 10 pick BJ Raji? Haloti Ngata?

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

We will see where Denver is at at QB when Lock gets his chance this season, but if he doesn’t show enough Joe Burrow will have to enter into the conversation.  He can really play and I love his toughness.

Auburn and Alabama the next two weeks will be huge games. I've seen quite a bit of Burrow and he's looked nearly flawless. Improvement from last year has been kind of unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

We will see where Denver is at at QB when Lock gets his chance this season, but if he doesn’t show enough Joe Burrow will have to enter into the conversation.  He can really play and I love his toughness.

I have a feeling he's on the Raiders radar strongly and they have 2 firsts. 

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Auburn and Alabama the next two weeks will be huge games. I've seen quite a bit of Burrow and he's looked nearly flawless. Improvement from last year has been kind of unbelievable. 

For sure.  There just isn’t any glaring weakness and physically he checks all the boxes.  Reportedly will blow away teams in the interview process as well as he’s a football junky and strong leader.

More than all of that, he handles pressure better than any player of seen so far this season.  He looks down the barrel and delivers the ball accurately.  There was a play vs Texas for a TD where he rolled away from pressure with an LB coming that had him dead to rights and he placed the ball perfectly while getting annihilated by the LB. 

5 hours ago, germ-x said:

For sure.  There just isn’t any glaring weakness and physically he checks all the boxes.  Reportedly will blow away teams in the interview process as well as he’s a football junky and strong leader.

More than all of that, he handles pressure better than any player of seen so far this season.  He looks down the barrel and delivers the ball accurately.  There was a play vs Texas for a TD where he rolled away from pressure with an LB coming that had him dead to rights and he placed the ball perfectly while getting annihilated by the LB. 

He's got it. He feels the pressure, makes those subtle movements to create space that you see from all great pocket passers. And that's really something that you rarely see from college QBs. Most of them either don't have to develop that skill in whatever offense they play in or are terrible at it (and usually don't improve much). It's that ugly quality you see from most college QBs where the only way they know how to create space to throw in the face of pressure is to drift endlessly backwards. Worst part of the game to watch. Joe is so comfortable under pressure. 

There are a lot of things that look good with Joe. He brings that dog from the QB position that other players, especially your defensive guys, will love and rally behind. He has playmaking instincts and he's tough as nails. I'm not sure he doesn't have a meteoric rise and jump Herbert, who I think a lot of people are cooling off on. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
52 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

He's got it. He feels the pressure, makes those subtle movements to create space that you see from all great pocket passers. And that's really something that you rarely see from college QBs. Most of them either don't have to develop that skill in whatever offense they play in or are terrible at it (and usually don't improve much). It's that ugly quality you see from most college QBs where the only way they know how to create space to throw in the face of pressure is to drift endlessly backwards. Worst part of the game to watch. Joe is so comfortable under pressure. 

There are a lot of things that look good with Joe. He brings that dog from the QB position that other players, especially your defensive guys, will love and rally behind. He has playmaking instincts and he's tough as nails. I'm not sure he doesn't have a meteoric rise and jump Herbert, who I think a lot of people are cooling off on. 

I actually just saw a mock draft were he went #1 overall above Tua. Obviously just a mock but still. I barely knew who he was, so it was pretty surprising. He must be having quite the season so far. 

4 hours ago, sportcourt7 said:

I actually just saw a mock draft were he went #1 overall above Tua. Obviously just a mock but still. I barely knew who he was, so it was pretty surprising. He must be having quite the season so far. 

@jsthomp2007 your inlaws from down south may be on to something. Just reminds me too much of Big Ben or Winston looking for a w in this pic.EGuo2brW4AEjUS6?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by thebestever6

I am 100% on the Joe Burrow train. I love the guy. It's amazing what a system change did for him. I think he'll probably be out of reach for us, because even if we end up 5-11 or so, there's a lot of bad teams ahead of us that I see us being maybe 8th or so. Having early picks through the first two days though...that's where the game changing side of things comes in. Elway needs to hit on these guys and then some.