What do we go in the 2020 draft?

Wolzen

What about the Burrow kid from LSU?  My family who are from LA, are gushing over him and his arm and they like his accuracy.  

I don't trust him at all personally. Honestly don't know if there is a QB in this draft that I like as much as Josh Rosen and Daniel Jones other than Tua.

Sounds nuts but my QB 1 / QB2 are Tua and Hurts right now. Just love Hurts intangibles. He can be a elite game manager in the Dak mold w/ much better athleticism (4.5 vs 4.8 type difference from the looks of it)

All the top tier QB's elidable for 2020 draft are still in the bunnies stage of the schedule for the most part. They are all posting really insane numbers, especially completion % wise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Sounds nuts but my QB 1 / QB2 are Tua and Hurts right now. Just love Hurts intangibles. He can be a elite game manager in the Dak mold w/ much better athleticism (4.5 vs 4.8 type difference from the looks of it)

What's your opinion on Jordan Love? I keep hearing about him only 20 atm though.

Edited by thebestever6

What's your opinion on Jordan Love? I keep hearing about him only 20 atm though.

I havent watched him this season, did a bit last. Looked like a pro w/ his size and frame. Only game last season against good competition he was a total bum (Michigan State). Box score scouting this year, the two even mediocre teams he played he struggled against. To me he seems like a pure developmental guy in the Brad Kaaya, Brett Hundley mold IMO and honestly I liked Hundley a lot more coming out than Love. Didn't see the hype the two times I watched him last season.

25 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I liked Hundley a lot more coming out than Love. Didn't see the hype the two times I watched him last season

That's fair I really respect your evaluations of qbs very informative. You're opinion of Hurts seems accurate, plausible, well thought out. 

I just see him rising man I see him going top 5 when it's all said and done is he worth that capital to you in a vacuum? Forget other players that might be available for now at that range. 

Edited by thebestever6

I just see him rising man I see him going top 5 when it's all said and done is he worth that capital to you in a vacuum? Forget other players that might be available for now at that range

I can easily talk myself into taking Hurts top 5. If you think that your drafting a more athletic Dak Prescott is that worth a top 5 pick? I would argue that it is. Not every QB taken top 5 is going to be Peyton Manning. Dak with real wheels is worth a top 5 selection. A young man of his character playing the most position in sports on a team that is absolutely desperate for an infusion of marketability and projectible future success would be quite the fit.

Hurts needs to show the same dominance he is today later in the season against better competition though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Hurts needs to show the same dominance he is today later in the season against better competition though

I agree with your premise, I think that scenario could be very logical in 7+ months.

My gut tells me if we pick top 3 the biggest debate in our draft room will be one similar to the niners in 2017. Trade down a pick or two and get a decent haul plus an elite prospect, or go Hurts or another intriguing qb option.

That's why imo we are days/ weeks away of the band aid being ripped off. Very exciting in my honest opinion. 

Edited by thebestever6

Oklahoma QBs scare me.  That system is just insane.  More so than any system in football those QBs are the most protected in college football and have open receivers everywhere.

Hurts, IMO, is the most intriguing of the last 2 Oklahoma QBs.  I love the fact that he came from some NFL concepts at Alabama and wasn’t always perfectly protected or had wide open targets constantly there.  His intangibles add on top of that for me.  Now at Oklahoma he’s getting a chance to gain some confidence and sling the football around.

• Like 1

Oklahoma QBs scare me.  That system is just insane.  More so than any system in football those QBs are the most protected in college football and have open receivers everywhere.

Hurts, IMO, is the most intriguing of the last 2 Oklahoma QBs.  I love the fact that he came from some NFL concepts at Alabama and wasn’t always perfectly protected or had wide open targets constantly there.  His intangibles add on top of that for me.  Now at Oklahoma he’s getting a chance to gain some confidence and sling the football around.

Yep, the system scares me as well. But after seeing the success of some guys from wonky systems, I have moved away from demeriting guys for playing in non-pro style systems. It still plays a part, but nowhere near as much a role as a few years back.

But man, what intangibles this kid has. He was replaced, kept working and was the ultimate team player. He didn't sulk or party, he clearly kept practicing to the best of his ability biding his time to show that he was a gold star QB. That's the type of guy you want to lean on as the face of a franchise. Its not some charity case either, I don't care about intangibles if your some mediocre talent.

He is a borderline elite athletic talent (Not Lamar, but better than Dak) with a strong enough arm and great penchant for not turning the ball over. He has always been an accurate QB, never dipping below 60% completion rate. I mean the talent around him was great, but even as a freshman he had a 23/9 TD/INT ratio w/ 62% completion rate playing elite competition. I just don't think there is any argument outside relying on traditionalism that guys like Jacob Eason, Jake Fromm, Joe Burrow and Jordan Love are better players than him.

Another spot he improved is his fumbling. He had 11 his freshman year in 573 combined passes/rushes. That's 0.019%. Since then he has had 7 in 647 combined passes/rushes, rate of 0.010%.

Edited by BroncosFan2010
  • Like 1

What if Lock shows enough to move on from Flacco, and a team like the Vikings offered a hershel Walker type haul to move on from Counsins and get into our top 5 selection spot to go qb?

We eat the last year of Cousins deal to be a mentor until he's no longer needed and get a huge haul as well.

Edited by thebestever6

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What if Lock shows enough to move on from Flacco, and a team like the Vikings offered a hershel Walker type haul to move on from Counsins and get into our top 5 selection spot to go qb?

We eat the last year of Cousins deal to be a mentor until he's no longer needed and get a huge haul as well.

Min isn’t going to draft a rookie and trade Cousins because they’re in win now mode.   The teams that  trade up just believe in a guy so much they want him - but they also aren’t win now teams.  

LAR / Goff & Phi / Wentz, Jets / Darnold.   KC had their stopgap to use for Mahomes’ rookie year in Alex Smith.   

Honestly the bigger Q is whether Lock will show enough to remove talk of draft-QB-early next year.    It’s the only big thing to look forward to besides letting the kids play.  

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Min isn’t going to draft a rookie and trade Cousins because they’re in win now mode.   The teams that  trade up just believe in a guy so much they want him - but they also aren’t win now teams.  

Point about Lock is completely fair.

I know it's a long shot, but if a guy like Hurts materialized to be Dak Prescott 2.0 I definitely think it would be in the realm of possibilities.  It would also require Cousins to keep stinking up the joint enough to where teams don't want him as a stopgap for that price.

Diggs wants out so that thing looks to be crumbling. I'm not sure what the gm or head coach situation is. 

Edited by thebestever6

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Point about Lock is completely fair.

I know it's a long shot, but if a guy like Hurts materialized to be Dak Prescott 2.0 I definitely think it would be in the realm of possibilities.  It would also require Cousins to keep stinking up the joint enough to where teams don't want him as a stopgap for that price.

It just doesn’t happen with teams that want to win now.  Rookie years are almost always throwaway years.  

Dak didn’t make that team suddenly playoff worthy.  They were a 12-4 team In 2014 that lost Romo in 2015 after going 2-0 .  Romo played 1 more game - he was 3-0 and the team won 1 game without him because their QB were absolutely horrid (plus no WR with Dez out).. Dak was drafted in Rd4 to be a successor to Romo.  He was able to keep the bus running.  But it wasn’t the plan to have him take over.  And rightfully so. 

No playoff contender is thinking rookie QB as plan A or B (which is how MIN built).  And certainly not by selling the farm to get a QB early.  Rebuilders are the teams we see do that.  Because the season (and sometimes even the next year) is already conceded.