Who’s the Problem Freddie, having Monken, or Baker

brownie man

Who’s the Problem?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s the biggest part of the problem?

• Freddie
    • Monken
    • Baker

I like "in order" more than putting all the blame on one:

1. Freddie - Because when you are the HC, the buck stops with you.

2. Monken - Because we are running this offense like we have an immobile, pocket passer who sucks at short timing and loves heaving deep balls and a WR corps of some of the best jump ball receivers in the league. AKA Tampa last year. Dude hasn't adjusted AT ALL.

3. Baker - He is DEFINITELY partly to blame, but I think the above factors explain most of his regression. Some is still on him, but what is he supposed to do when they run four verts and minimum protect on their own goal line on 3rd and 10?

• Like 2

I don't know the dynamics of the offense but it all falls on Freddie so he is #1.

I don't see adjustments to the offense knowing our tackles will struggle at times and Freddie said those who don't adapt won't make it and I'm getting worried.

This isn't Jameis and Mike Evans we need the offense to highlight our strengths and it isn't. I don't know how much Monken has to do with it so I don't know how much to blame him.

Baker gets blamed for a lot of things that aren't his fault and he hasn't been put in a position to succeed but he still needs to be better. I don't know how, but it probably involves audibles.That means we need time to audible which means we probably need an uptempo offense which would be our strength anyway so... C'mon Freddie.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id add dorsey to the mix, we could of improved our line in the draft if we kept 17. 

What is more important, OBJ or a tackle?

Greg Robinson was terrible on our last play of the game.

1. freddie

2 Todd
3 drsey

4 Baker.

Dude, just no. Dorsey has done a great job of adding talent. Robinson showed enough last year to warrant being given a one-year deal. Can't fix every need so quickly.

• Like 1

Anyway, pretty much what freaky and Thomas said. It seems like we're running Monken's offense, instead of just utilizing aspects of it. But ultimately, Freddie is the HC and the one calling the plays, so he gets the brunt of the blame. Baker needs to improve, but he absolutely isn't being put into a position to succeed. I also think he simply doesn't trust the OL and rightfully so in some ways, but he seems to be getting happy feet and getting uncomfortable even when the pocket is clean.

As an outsider, I really don't get the Kitchens/Monken dynamic. Why was Monken brought in at all as things stand right now? His concepts don't seem to fit your current personnel, but if you're going to use them, why wouldn''t you have him call the plays and relieve Freddie of some responsibilities for a first time coach? The current set-up feels like a worst of all worlds situation for Kitchens, Monken and the players. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

As an outsider, I really don't get the Kitchens/Monken dynamic. Why was Monken brought in at all as things stand right now? His concepts don't seem to fit your current personnel, but if you're going to use them, why wouldn''t you have him call the plays and relieve Freddie of some responsibilities for a first time coach? The current set-up feels like a worst of all worlds situation for Kitchens, Monken and the players. 

You should probably stick around. 

Wasn’t there a crazy stat in the game last night when Baker got rid of the ball in less than 2.5 sec he was 11/12 and when he held it longer than 2.5 sec he was 2/12.  Well that’s all I needed to see. 

Change the game plan to get the ball out fast. 

So right now it’s 

1a. Freddie

1b. Monken 

1c. Baker

Edited by JDD
  • Like 1

The thing with the offense is it looks completely “uncoordinated”.

There’s no rhythm, no balance.  It looks like a 12 year old playing Madden who calls 3-4 plays the whole game. It’s predictable and basic.

Last year Freddie had a new wrinkle every week.  We saw shovel passes, jet sweeps, flea flickers, reverses, the “Philly Special”, etc.  this year?  Nothing.  Not a single wrinkle or creative play in 3 weeks.  

Where’s the wishbone? Jumbo package? Where are the rub routes to create separation and get the ball out quickly? The max protection that allows for shots down the field?  

We’re running a lot of deep routes, but not actually attacking down the field as Baker keeps scrambling for his life or gets sacked.

I get that we’re missing Higgins, Calloway, Njoku, Hunt, a couple tackles, etc., but that’s not really the issue right now.

• Like 6