Thoughts on young QBs?

patriotsheatyan

This looks more important now with Brees, Ben, Luck, and Cam potentially dead while the Giants actually checked Eli’s pulse.

Looking at some vaguely obscure QBs this week like Kyle Allen and Gardner Minshew performing well, what do you think of the future of the position? 

Jacoby Brisket? 

Nick Mullens? 

Baltimore’s running back?

27 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Thoughts on Kyle Allen? 

How has Josh Allen been looking?

Josh Allen has been good but feel like he will have a Cam Newton type of career his body wont hold up.

Kyle Allen I would sit out cam a little longer and see what this kid has. I like what I saw so far.

Let me preface this by saying Mahomes is obviously in another realm of quarterbacking ability, and is without question miles better in so many ways, but Josh Allen kind of reminded me of a Mahomes-lite QB on Sunday. He's got that ridiculous arm, and has that ability to move around, escape pressure and make absurd, awkward-armed throws across his body and throwing off-platform. It's nerve-wracking to watch when your team needs a stop. 

Or am I reaching?

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Let me preface this by saying Mahomes is obviously in another realm of quarterbacking ability, and is without question miles better in so many ways, but Josh Allen kind of reminded me of a Mahomes-lite QB on Sunday. He's got that ridiculous arm, and has that ability to move around, escape pressure and make absurd, awkward-armed throws across his body and throwing off-platform. It's nerve-wracking to watch when your team needs a stop. 

Or am I reaching?

Yeah. You're reaching. :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

How has Josh Allen been looking?

8-6 as a starter (obviously 3-0 this season).

Now has 4 4th quarter comebacks and 5 game winning drives. He has 3-4 throws a game that make you curse and sometimes, like yesterday against the Bengals it can almost cost your team the game. 

I still see a Jay Cutler career minus the attitude issues and hopefully not changing teams. 

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Or am I reaching?

His accuracy is so inconsistent though. He's prone to overthrowing open receivers by 5-7 yards. 

I have a lot of faith in Kyle Allen.  It's the Cardinals so it certainly doesn't prove anything, but he made a lot of great throws yesterday.  

3:00, 3rd and 5, he keeps his composure against a pocket that collapses immediately and delivers a perfect pass to Samuel on the sidelines.  Tight coverage, great pressure, nothing more the Cardinals could have done.  Those are the kind of plays that make me think he has potential to be, at the very least, a competent starter.

The physical tools are there with him.  It will depend on if he has the mental game down, because I think he's got plenty of accuracy.  The main reason I see him continuing to do well is because we have playmakers all across our offense.  That's why I was so optimistic about the season - we have a crap-ton of talent, unfortunately Newton's health couldn't hold up.  But if Allen can be, at the very least, solid, then he will continue to put up solid numbers.

• Like 2