Thoughts on young QBs?

patriotsheatyan

Love watching the young QB's play. It's exciting because you don't know what to expect. You can have an idea but you can never be sure until you see them play in the NFL.

Coming out of the draft this year the two QB's I was most excited to watch were Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones. Both have looked solid, Daniel Jones blew me away and I was one of the people who thought he was a good pick. I personally am not a huge Dwayne Haskins fan so I wasn't at all fussed with the Giants selecting him. I actually think all the QB's got drafted to the perfect spots for them. It's going to be fun how these guys do throughout the season; Daniel Jones, Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and even Josh Rosen.

Edited by JohnCena

On 9/24/2019 at 12:17 AM, Nex_Gen said:

I find Josh Allen pathetically overrated. Wish I could put it in a nicer way but I can't. He pulls off these 'heroics' against mediocre to bad teams, because he constantly puts the team in a hole in the first place, then gets praised for it. He's so damn predictable. If he keeps dropping back thinking he's the next Michael Vick and never bothers to improve in the passing game, it won't be long before he washes out of the league.

You my sir need to watch football. 

Josh Allen has completed over 62% of his throws in every game this season; improving from 54% last year. He's averaging 250 passing yards a game as well which is a big improvement.  

He's not washing out of the league anytime soon buddy. 

Edited by The BILLievers

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

You my sir need to watch football. 

Josh Allen has completed over 62% of his throws in every game this season; improving from 54% last year. He's averaging 250 passing yards a game as well which is a big improvement.  

He's not washing out of the league anytime soon buddy. 

62% is below average in today's league. Love how you're using a 3-game sample as a means of average; an average extrapolated by the Jets, Giants and Bengals, the three worst teams in the league. Games in which he looked atrocious in, only for those teams to do what they do and look for any way to lose a game. If you want to narrate that as improvement, be my guest.  He probably won't be washing out soon because of his high draft position, but enjoy mediocre QB purgatory.

Edited by Nex_Gen

15 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

62% is below average in today's league. Love how you're using a 3-game sample as a means of average; an average extrapolated by the Jets, Giants and Bengals, the three worst teams in the league. Games in which he looked atrocious in, only for those teams to do what they do and look for any way to lose a game. If you want to narrate that as improvement, be my guest.  He probably won't be washing out soon because of his high draft position, but enjoy mediocre QB purgatory.

What are you talking about? 3 game sample size? You said he never bothers to improve in the passing game and I'm telling you to start the 2019 season he improved his completion % by 12% and passing yards 75 yards per game. 

60% is the threshold NFL scouts hold for NFL QBs. QBs with completion % below 64% (Josh Allens) : Lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, Andy Dalton, Matt Stafford, Kyler Murray, Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins. 

Idk if he stole your gf or something but just chill out man. 

16 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

What are you talking about? 3 game sample size? You said he never bothers to improve in the passing game and I'm telling you to start the 2019 season he improved his completion % by 12% and passing yards 75 yards per game. 

60% is the threshold NFL scouts hold for NFL QBs. QBs with completion % below 64% (Josh Allens) : Lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, Andy Dalton, Matt Stafford, Kyler Murray, Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins. 

Idk if he stole your gf or something but just chill out man. 

So you're saying he was so inefficient last season, he "improved" purely by default, ascending to below average efficiency. If you want to lower the standard for him, that's fine. I haven't seen any commitment to improving in the passing game from him. He's already thinking of what route to take on his scramble before the ball is snapped. His drop back and progression through his reads remain non-existent. He's relying on exactly what he did as a rookie; dropping back and acting like he's actually look to throw, waiting for the play to break down and run. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's so predictable, and it won't get him anywhere. His make or break in this league will be his arm, not his leg. But he doesn't seem to care to understand that.

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I haven't seen any commitment to improving in the passing game from him. He's already thinking of what route to take on his scramble before the ball is snapped. His drop back and progression through his reads remain non-existent. He's relying on exactly what he did as a rookie; dropping back and acting like he's actually look to throw, waiting for the play to break down and run. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's so predictable, and it won't get him anywhere. His make or break in this league will be his arm, not his leg. But he doesn't seem to care to understand that.

This is utter nonsense. You're either trolling or haven't seen a single snap from 2019 or choosing to ignore facts. Probably all three.

He had 10 rushes/scrambles vs. the Jets. 
He had 37 pass attempts.

He had 7 rush rushes/scrambles vs the Giants.
He had 30 pass attempts

He had 9 rushes/scrambles vs the Bengals.
He had 36 pass attempts.

Would you like to know how many of those rushes were designed runs? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

This is utter nonsense. You're either trolling or haven't seen a single snap from 2019 or choosing to ignore facts. Probably all three.

He had 10 rushes/scrambles vs. the Jets. 
He had 37 pass attempts.

He had 7 rush rushes/scrambles vs the Giants.
He had 30 pass attempts

He had 9 rushes/scrambles vs the Bengals.
He had 36 pass attempts.

Would you like to know how many of those rushes were designed runs? 

Yeah i gave up on even responding to him lol. Clueless.