5 up, Freddie down; Post game

Kiwibrown

Up:

1. Defense. Played really well considering we were missing our entire starting secondary. Wilks called a great game.

2. ST. Played very well aside from the Hammer's shank.

3. Nick Chubb. He continues to show that he's one of the best in the league. We should utilize him even more in the passing game.

4. Baker when he got rid of the ball quickly.

5. Uh, drawing a blank here...

Down:

1. Play-calling. Just disastrous. The one drive where we went uptempo and got rid of the ball quickly was the only drive where we looked good offensively. Yet we reverted back to calling long-developing plays. Calling a draw play on 4th & 9 was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen. Freddie's play-calling has been questionable all season, but it was downright awful last night.

2. Baker when he had to hold onto the ball for more than two seconds. Freddie's not helping Baker at the moment, but he needs to get better. It seems like he doesn't trust his OL and panics when he has to hold onto the ball for more than a second or two.

3. Penalties. Not sure if this is more so on the players or the coaches, but penalties continue to kill us.

4. Pass rush. The defense as a whole played well, and while we got to Goff a couple of times, there were still far too many times where Goff had all day to throw. This is more of a nitpick, but I was hoping for better.

5. Whitehead. Dude deserves to be cut after last night's performance. Idiotic roughing the passer penalty and then he lets Kupp get wide open in the endzone.

16 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would have said Randall over Schobert, but idk right now. Joe is really solid.

We can keep both of them right? :-P.

We still have large contracts like Carrie and Kirksey that I'm not sure will be on the books much longer so it wouldn't be hard to keep them both.

We NEED to keep the talented players we have...

5 up 

Chubb- this is his team. Feed him 

Jarvis- did everything he needed to do 

ST- priefer>>>>>> anyone we’ve had in a long tine. 

Sho- we wouldn’t have won without him. 17 tackles and they all mattered 

secondary- great job without the starters 

5 down 

run d up the middle. Everything was up the middle it seemed and we couldn’t stop it 

baker- yeah I know we won and he had 300+ yards but he still doesn’t look like his 2018 self 

Penalties- clean it up 

Garrett- I know he did some small things but need more out of him 

ratley- should have caught it 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

5 up 

Chubb- this is his team. Feed him 

Jarvis- did everything he needed to do 

ST- priefer>>>>>> anyone we’ve had in a long tine. 

Sho- we wouldn’t have won without him. 17 tackles and they all mattered 

secondary- great job without the starters 

5 down 

run d up the middle. Everything was up the middle it seemed and we couldn’t stop it 

baker- yeah I know we won and he had 300+ yards but he still doesn’t look like his 2018 self 

Penalties- clean it up 

Garrett- I know he did some small things but need more out of him 

ratley- should have caught it 

What kind of boomer nonsense is this posting in last week’s thread?

sheesh...