Week 3 takeaways?

brownie man

5 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Jimmy G is lucky and not a good QB

Funny thing to say after last game. He was actually very good against the Steelers. The two INTs yesterday both were catchable balls thrown to receivers that bounced up and were picked, though the Pettis throw was a hard catch to make. 

I'm not sure how good he is or isn't...some of his metrics are outstanding (adjusted net yards per attempt, 7.11, yards per attempt 8.6 with the 49ers), and then there's the curiously high INT rate. 

2 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Agholor, Arcega-Whiteside, and Hollins are essentially James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, and Freddie Mitchell. I've never seen a trio of WRs have so many critical drops that hit them right in the hands. That doesn't include Goedert who also had a wide open drop in the end zone. I can only imagine how frustrated Wentz and Pederson are.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'd kill for that OL in NY at this point.  No question the Jets OL is the worst in football.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The Texans might have found their combination of guys to put out there in Tunsil/Scharping/Martin/Fulton/Howard.

Howard is really versatile, had some good moments at LG... but might have found a forever home at RT, where he was locking up Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa pretty handily. He didn't get chips from RBs or TEs, so it was 1v1 with that tandem, and he stood them up with no real issues. 

Scharping is actually the perfect LG - hyper aggressive and plays with a wide base, throws a really strong punch in pass protection. He doesn't get rattled by stunts or A-Gap blitzes, either. He actually thrives in those situations.

It's a one game sample, but the Texans OL went from six sacks, to four sacks to two sacks in the last three - and the Chargers might have the best pass rush of those three teams, so it's really encouraging. 

Furthermore, the Texans run game has been in the top 10 in terms of production, resurrecting the career of Carlos Hyde in the process. 

If this trend continues - Watson getting hit less and less, Hyde running for chunk yards, TEs able to get out in routes instead of staying in for Max protection - then the moves made were worth MUCH more than the price paid. 

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Cousins will choke.

I think that's why KOTN specified when they get the lead. Because then they are just going to run the football down your throats and do it effectively to boot, essentially taking the ball out of Cousins' hands. 

• Like 2