Week 3 takeaways?

brownie man

Mitch Trubisky has to be elite.

vs Redskins:  25/31 231 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

Dak Preskott

vs Redskins:  26/30 269 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

I mean I keep hearing how Dallas/Dak are elite after beating up 3 teams that are going to be at the bottom of the barrel for NFL defenses, so now that Mitch has gotten to face one and put up the same numbers he's elite too right?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

Dak Preskott

I mean I keep hearing how Dallas/Dak are elite after beating up 3 teams that are going to be at the bottom of the barrel for NFL defenses, so now that Mitch has gotten to face one and put up the same numbers he's elite too right?

Lol. We’ll see this Sunday. The Saints defense did play much better this week, with Russell Wilson putting up good fantasy numbers but with most of that in garbage time. The Saints can stop the run...I think they’ll limit Elliott. I think it also helps that they just played two BETTER QBs that got the mold of Prescott in Watson and Wilson. 

I just posted a paragraph without making my point, sorry. My point: Prescott could have some success this week against the Saints. I’m still very skeptical that he’s “elite” but I don’t think there’s any question that he has improved. He’s at minimum a good QB right now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lol. We’ll see this Sunday. The Saints defense did play much better this week, with Russell Wilson putting up good fantasy numbers but with most of that in garbage time. The Saints can stop the run...I think they’ll limit Elliott. I think it also helps that they just played two BETTER QBs that got the mold of Prescott in Watson and Wilson. 

I just posted a paragraph without making my point, sorry. My point: Prescott could have some success this week against the Saints. I’m still very skeptical that he’s “elite” but I don’t think there’s any question that he has improved. He’s at minimum a good QB right now. 

It's more just fighting against the narrative that Prescott has turned the corner or is elite now. It's the same thing as he's always been.  I mean the same people were crowning Lamar Jackson a MVP hopeful after 2 weeks against bad defenses.

24 minutes ago, Raves said:

Dak Preskott

Yes, Dak Prescott and Mitch Trubisky are exactly the same quarterback if you completely ignore everything else and just focus on one single game against a similar opponent.  You got us!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

Baker, Browns

I didn't think that was a crazy bold take at all. I actually agreed with it.

Now, if he said Daniel Jones was a phenomenal pick at 6 who I had as a mid to late first and I didn't really want to debate with anyone about it . 

I'd be impressed with that one my guess is he hedged his bets with that one so he can flip sides in the future. That's why I stop watching him too predictable. 

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Dak Preskott

Probably not. Mitch has limited experience, because he's only been in the league 2 plus years, but Dak has had a quality year before. Folks are probably more willing to accept that Dak can be an elite quarterback, because he's put up a good season before. Remember Ryan Fitzpatrick was maybe the best quarterback in the NFL after three games last year? No one thought he was for real though. 

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Probably not. Mitch has limited experience, because he's only been in the league 2 plus years, but Dak has had a quality year before. Folks are probably more willing to accept that Dak can be an elite quarterback, because he's put up a good season before. Remember Ryan Fitzpatrick was maybe the best quarterback in the NFL after three games last year? No one thought he was for real though. 

That's sort of my point.  Dak is still Dak.  He's faced 3 bad teams and if a QB that everyone is down on right now put up almost the exact stats that Dak did vs one of those same teams, it might show that we need to wait till see start seeing Dak vs better opponents is all.