Where is T. Lockett in your WR rankings?

Tetsujin

47 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I think this guy is almost the 2nd coming of Steve Smith.

I don't know about that, I don't think there's another Smitty out there. Smitty had a LB mentality with the size, speed and quickness of a satellite RB. 

Lockett has the size/speed/quickness, but doesn't have that mentality (which is what made Smitty such a dominant player). 

Antonio Brown circa 2013 is a very fair comparison. 

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't know about that, I don't think there's another Smitty out there. Smitty had a LB mentality with the size, speed and quickness of a satellite RB. 

Lockett has the size/speed/quickness, but doesn't have that mentality (which is what made Smitty such a dominant player). 

Antonio Brown circa 2013 is a very fair comparison. 

I said "almost"

He's a WR who plays bigger than his height. They're making him the slot receiver, but he ain't no slot receiver. 

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I think this guy is almost the 2nd coming of Steve Smith.

In what way? lol Lockett is really good, but not Steve Smith good. Plus, they're nothing alike as players. Steve was fiesty and tough on the field, and Lockett is just a burner from the slot - and he's never scored more than 1 TD in a game, ever.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I said "almost"

He's a WR who plays bigger than his height. They're making him the slot receiver, but he ain't no slot receiver. 

He ain’t no “almost” Steve Smith either. There games are nothing alike. 

Unless you meant the other Steve Smith who had one great year with the Giants, that’s what first popped into my head when I opened this thread. 

Edited by kc16
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 7:45 AM, Tetsujin said:

I said "almost"

By this logic, a Ford Mustang is "almost" a Lamborghini Aventador. They're both sports cars, both have four rubber wheels and a steering wheel, they both come in standard transmissions...

There is quite literally nothing similar between Steve Smith and Tyler Lockett when you watch them play football. Smith was a physical monster, would use his body to assertively fight for the ball - he played like he had TOs or AJs body composition, would lower a shoulder and challenge a DB or LB before and after the ball was in his hands. The closest thing I've seen since Smitty is probably Golden Tate (and that's stretching it). 

Tyler Lockett is a speed guy, someone who won because he had speed (and only speed) early on. As he developed more of a route tree, he developed savvy route running ability and learned to create separation from sudden movements in and out of his routes. 

If you compared him to anyone, Emmanuel Sanders is a good comparison. He's got the potential to develop into an Antonio Brown, but ABs are rare.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Eh, I think Cooks is better. I think all three Rams WRs are better tbh. But Lockett is still quite good. Santana Moss seems like a decent comparison.

My biggest frustration with Cooks is for how fast he is, he is awful after the catch. Lockett excels in that. I guess overall Cooks probably is better as his resume dwarfs Lockett. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

My biggest frustration with Cooks is for how fast he is, he is awful after the catch. Lockett excels in that. I guess overall Cooks probably is better as his resume dwarfs Lockett. 

Cooks isn't good after the catch, unless he can use his speed to outrun you. But I think he's a little better than Lockett in terms of deep speed, route running, and hands. Although, Lockett is quite good in all those respects too.

On 9/23/2019 at 5:45 AM, Tetsujin said:

I said "almost"

The problem is the comparison. You’re better off comparing him to Paul Richardson or another deep threat lol. Closest guy to Steve Smith was Percy Harvin.

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI