Who wins?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Browns
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • Who cares? If you're not wearing Orange and Brown, you don't matter

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

The good news is that schematically, the Ravens are NOT the Rams and the nightmare Sean Mcvay can come up with. Much easier for Wilks this week.

Ravens surprisingly have a bad secondary. I think a lot of it is Tony Jefferson, so I’m attacking him with OBJ all game.

I think the Ravens secondary is overrated. They have talent but they aren't an elite unit like they let you believe. If you don't challenge them down the field they will stop you all day but they have a lot of gaps, or missed assignments, in their defensive backfield that we saw last year and so far this year. The Rams game was a good game for quick hitters and we didn't do that, this is a bad game for passes behind the LOS or really short passes so lets see if Freddie plays into their hands which I really hope he doesn't. That doesn't mean 4 long routes by 4 receivers but often have one and if it opens up take the shot.

Their offense is more difficult to defend than the Rams even if the Rams have the better scheme. Goff can beat you one way and if you can keep him in check passing you get what we saw on Sunday night. The Ravens QB can obviously beat you with his legs and they scheme their tight ends open every game somehow and Lamar is very comfortable throwing to them. We need to take that away and force him to throw outside to his receivers and hopefully we can get some turnovers.

The Ravens pass rush isn't great but they pressured Mahommes a lot early which can get into a QBs head, not that it really worked against him but I think if we can weather the storm early and keep Baker relatively clean it will open up opportunities from the pocket throughout the game.

I was really hoping the early season would have went in a way that we were favorites in this game, it hasn't. We are 7 point dogs. I was hoping we were the #1 offense in the league and the Ravens were 24th. It is the opposite. They are averaging more than 20 points more per game than us. Maybe our offense was built to beat the teams in our division, it better be because this is a huge game for us and hopefully we show up big as underdogs.

• Like 1

As diamondbull and you guys all noticed, the Ravens have been very vulnerable in the passing game. Missing two starting cornerbacks and having Tony Jefferson being a liability is the main reason. It forces Martindale to use more zone looks, and with an inconsistent pass rush (we have very little up the middle) there is time to hit players in zones.

On offense Lamar had an easy going against the Dolphins. The Cardinals defense actually played quite well, and against the Chiefs it was an up and down game from Lamar, who had consistent pressure up the middle and didn't connect on a couple of deep throws. If he completes 2 of those deep passes we would talk about him differently after game 3.

Now we have to question how he will bounce back, and how he will handle it if the Browns take away Andrews and Marquise Brown, as none of the other receivers has taken the opportunities given to them in the past two games.

If the Browns should learn from the last two Ravens games, it is to go with the 4 man pass rush and double Andrews and Brown - a contain rush has worked quite well to limit most big plays.

On offense Monken/Kitchens should do, what they did last year. Have an extra guy in to block on the edge, and send receivers vertically and find Jefferson, make him bite on short routes and go over the top. The guy can't cover in zones at all it seems, and even if he doesn't make mistakes, there is communication issues to exploit on the Ravens backend as well.

The X-factor is the running game for both teams. Ingram has been a pleasant surprise and running with more explosiveness than I anticipated. Browns has more potential for making big plays with Chubbs - especially if you have a screen game. Haven't seen the Browns games in full, so don't know if that is a big part of the offensive gameplan.

Neither team will be buried by a loss this sunday, but with the Bengals and Steelers seemingly already playing from behind, the Ravens Browns matchups are most likely the ones who decides who will be the division winner.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

On offense Lamar had an easy going against the Dolphins. The Cardinals defense actually played quite well, and against the Chiefs it was an up and down game from Lamar, who had consistent pressure up the middle and didn't connect on a couple of deep throws. If he completes 2 of those deep passes we would talk about him differently after game 3.

Looks good though, doesn't he!?

2 hours ago, Danand said:

Now we have to question how he will bounce back, and how he will handle it if the Browns take away Andrews and Marquise Brown, as none of the other receivers has taken the opportunities given to them in the past two games.

He looks like a winner to me. The sort of guy that doesn't get fazed by a loss. I hope that's the case as well, although it is annoying that he plays for your lot.

3 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Looks good though, doesn't he!?

He looks like a winner to me. The sort of guy that doesn't get fazed by a loss. I hope that's the case as well, although it is annoying that he plays for your lot.

He has looked good, technique when throwing is much better. Too much has been made of his overthrows against the Chiefs. Whenever the passing game wasn't effective, Lamar has been able to convert with his legs. Seems like he believes in himself a lot and the team responds to him. 

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’re playing for first place this weekend fellas, y’all should be more excited.

Well if we win it's sort of a season reset. If we lose it's doom and gloom.  It's an important game but not the most exciting. Hopefully the excitement comes later when we turn around the offense.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if we win it's sort of a season reset. If we lose it's doom and gloom.  It's an important game but not the most exciting. Hopefully the excitement comes later when we turn around the offense.

Yeah, I guess, but it’s a long season. 

Obviously the offense needs to start clicking, but if it does we’re talented enough to rip off a string of wins.

Its time for us to get our ISH together and embrace the bright lights......I feel.

We have not put together an entire game as of yet. The biggest thing is we must and I mean must cut down on the penalties. Its not just the amount....its the times they occur. Its cool to have a false start when its 4th and 17 and were punting anyway. Its not cool to have a false start on 4th and goal on the 1 down by 4 points.  Or having a holding call during a punt return vs having a holding call, call back a Punt Return for a TD. And the latter seems to our timing for penalties.

The D stepped up BIG time this weekend. it has been playing better and better each week...and seems to be regardless of injuries. I expect this trend to continue...especially when Olivier Vernon gets off is @$$ and starts playing football. He's had OK games, but he's not wrecking stuff. 

The O, I think its a matter of timing and jelling. On our opening scripted drives both weeks, we drove right down and scored. So we KNOW the ingredients are in the Kitchen (see what I did there), not its just making sure the Baker is using the right recipe.....(see...I did it again)

• Like 2