Is Dan Quinn on the hot seat?

ClutchDJ

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

Ryan was 33-11 as the starter the 3 years before they drafted Julio. This team would be in serious trouble if Ryan went down.

He was also given a team that had 1500 yard rusher Michael Turner and 1300 yard receiver roddy white.  So it’s not like he’s ever proven himself with the cupboard bare

• Like 1

Just now, footbull3196 said:

He was also given a team that had 1500 yard rusher Michael Turner and 1300 yard receiver roddy white.  So it’s not like he’s ever proven himself with the cupboard bare

...He inherited a 4-12 team and they went to the playoffs under him.

Just now, Elky said:

...He inherited a 4-12 team and they went to the playoffs under him.

The same 4-12 team that signed Michael Turner over the offseason.  He was the reason for their improvement, not Matt Ryan who just put one foot in front of the other during his rookie season and mostly didn’t screw things up.  Turner was the driving force behind that team and a legitimate mvp candidate, not Matt Ryan with his 16 TDs to 11 INTs

• Like 1

Just now, footbull3196 said:

The same 4-12 team that signed Michael Turner over the offseason.  He was the reason for their improvement, not Matt Ryan who just put one foot in front of the other during his rookie season and mostly didn’t screw things up.  Turner was the driving force behind that team and a legitimate mvp candidate, not Matt Ryan with his 16 TDs to 11 INTs

SO in order to be great you must be surrounded by complete crap? Michael Turner was not a proven back when Atlanta signed him.

1 hour ago, Elky said:

SO in order to be great you must be surrounded by complete crap? Michael Turner was not a proven back when Atlanta signed him.

Not necessarily, but he’s had tons of talent around him at offensive skill positions throughout most of his career.  Pro bowl running backs and receivers almost every year of his career

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Hmm...but Ryan was good before Julio was there though...

He was solid but not anything more than a qb that could be argued over some of the guys in the back end of the top 10

Well, I do think his failure to capitalize on his chance to win the Superbowl a few years ago is something he's got stuck to him right now.  Had he found a way to win that game, he'd probably have a lot more good will built up in ATL and a lot more respect around the league.

I think he's made a couple mistakes:

1. Not getting the right replacements for Kyle Shannahan, bad choice on bringing in Sarkisian, and even though Koetter had been the OC in Atlanta before, I'm not really feeling it was good idea to try and just get back the band there

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but seems like I've heard Quinn has delegated the defensive scheming and game planning to his assistants, a move that might be good for some teams, but I feel like if you want the identity that the 2012 Florida Gators and 2013-2014 Seahawks had, he needs to be running it himself.  Just simply giving input and being involved won't get that done.

Now there's just something that tells me it's early, the Saints only have a one game lead without Brees, the Panthers and Bucs aren't looking good, ATL has talent and i feel like Quinn and company can get it figured out.  Gonna have to do better on the road sooner or later, but gotta let things play out.  If his team finishes like 6-10 or worse, then yeah he's probably done.  Anything above that, he probably gets one more do or die year.

Only coach I really think should be on the scorching hot seat at the moment is Jay Gruden, and that's because he's brought mediocrity to Washington and after hearing his presser last night I'd have to say he looks like a carbon copy of Jeff Fisher in there.