Is Dan Quinn on the hot seat?

ClutchDJ

After yesterday, there's no doubt in my mind. He's a defensive oriented coach and the Falcons have yet to hold a team below 24 points this season and are giving up more than 30 PPG. They'd be 0-5 is Nelson Agholor could catch or DeSean Jackson didn't get fortunately hurt for them.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

After yesterday, there's no doubt in my mind. He's a defensive oriented coach and the Falcons have yet to hold a team below 24 points this season and are giving up more than 30 PPG. They'd be 0-5 is Nelson Agholor could catch or DeSean Jackson didn't get fortunately hurt for them.

This. They got absolutely shredded on Sunday

Another example of a “hot coordinator” hire that flamed out. Why was he hired? He was the coordinator of the dominate side of the ball for a team that has success. Did Blank et al fully examine how much a roll he had in that success? 

Atlanta was fortunate that Kyle was available to be their OC or they probably wouldn’t have ever enjoyed the few seasons of success they did. 

He is 100% gone barring some miracle.

Its time to start the coaching search, and with Arthur Blank, money wont be an issue.

• Mike McCarthy-Superbowl Champ
  • Jim Harbaugh-Hot name to come back to NFL
  • Lincoln Riley-Possible next great offensive guru? College/NFL offenses have started to blur lines
  • Eric Bieniemy-Maybe the biggest offensive name even with McDaniels
  • Josh McDaniels-Is this the year he leaves? Money wont be an issue.
  • Matt Eberflus-Everyone believes Blank will go with an offensive guy, but if not, Eberflus will be at the top.

5 hours ago, devils1854 said:

He is 100% gone barring some miracle.

Its time to start the coaching search, and with Arthur Blank, money wont be an issue.

• Mike McCarthy-Superbowl Champ
  • Jim Harbaugh-Hot name to come back to NFL
  • Lincoln Riley-Possible next great offensive guru? College/NFL offenses have started to blur lines
  • Eric Bieniemy-Maybe the biggest offensive name even with McDaniels
  • Josh McDaniels-Is this the year he leaves? Money wont be an issue.
  • Matt Eberflus-Everyone believes Blank will go with an offensive guy, but if not, Eberflus will be at the top.

Wouldn't be against throwing in Pete Carmichael Jr. in there as well.  He has on multiple occasions called the Saints offense when Sean wasn't available to do so and knows that scheme well.  With the weapon we have and talent we have.  He could quite easily have our offense humming along like the Saints did under him i think.   The Packers interviewed him and Lafeur last year and i think he could be primed as one of the next coordinators to make the jump.

I'm honestly surprised he wasn't fired after this past Sunday. I'm hyping up everything Watson and the Texans did, but truth be told - we were whipping a beaten dog in that one. 

As far as I see it, he's coaching on borrowed time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

When was the last time Atlanta had a defense that was consistently a dominant force? Like 3 years in a row. Don't think it's happened. They really need someone to come in and fix the defense. 

Wasn't that Quinn's MO, with the LOD? That's a pretty big blemish, being a defensive mind but getting nothing from your defense for several years...

10 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Wouldn't be against throwing in Pete Carmichael Jr. in there as well.  He has on multiple occasions called the Saints offense when Sean wasn't available to do so and knows that scheme well.  

He's done a very good job also.  I'd hate to see him go.

53 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:
11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Wouldn't be against throwing in Pete Carmichael Jr. in there as well.  He has on multiple occasions called the Saints offense when Sean wasn't available to do so and knows that scheme well.  

He's done a very good job also.  I'd hate to see him go.

I personally don’t think he has what it takes to lead an entire team.

but he definitely is due for a chance