Is Dan Quinn on the hot seat?

ClutchDJ

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from Warren Sharp twitter

The 2016 Falcons had the: #1 offense under Kyle Shanahan #26 defense under Dan Quinn
Nearly won the Super Bowl

Kyle leaves, Quinn stays The defense is still bad:
2017: #28 defense
2018: #31 defense
2019: #26 defense and without Kyle, the offense hasn't been the same.

Thats the problem Atlanta always has anytime we get something great that could change our future we end up letting it leave and they do great and usually win rings elsewhere.  Im not sure how much truth their is to this but i've even seen places that said in 65 or so that Lombardi agreed to coach the falcons when they were coming into existence but wanted partial ownership of the team.  Which ofcourse the sorry *** Smiths mainly Rankin turned down because their greedy sorry people.  We in turn hired Hecker who won like 4 games in 31 attempts.  So our history goes a long ways back of greatness staring us in the face and us spitting at it.   Favre and Deion Sanders are more things we let leave without a 2nd thought. 

Edited by FalconFan13

10 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im not even gonna lie im super impressed right now with you LBC.  You know our defense and players quite well not to be a fan of the team and you are pretty much spot on with most of them in their strengths and weaknessess.   We really aren't that lacking for talent on the defensive side of the ball as we got some quality players.  For some reason it's just not coming together how it should though.   Im not saying we are some world beaters over there but we dang sure have more players that are above avg talent wise compared to junk and the level of player we are seeing every week under Quinn right now.    I would say talent level wise we should be a top 10 to 15 defense with room to improve with a draft or 2.   Not the 25 to 32nd junk we are right now which is straight garbage.

When you follow @scar988 on Twitter, you tend to get Falcons factoids in your feed on the regular whether you want them or not.  I just have a phenomenal memory.

• Like 1

I'm not Arthur Blank, so despite being a Falcons fan, I don't have any real say in it, but I've mentally checked out on Dan Quinn as a coach. That is, I don't believe he can right the ship, and I feel the right moment to move on from a coach is exactly when you don't think they can win you a championship anymore. One thing I always disliked about Quinn's regime in Atlanta is how streaky the team is. The Falcons are usually winning or losing a lot of games in bunches - so it's not like I don't think Quinn can start winning games again, and if they do they'll probably rattle off 3-4 in a row. Problem is, you can't go on 5 game losing streaks in the NFL and expect to make the post-season consistently.

2015 - started out hot at 5-0, completely imploded to end the season. Did manage to beat undefeated Carolina after the bottom fell out though.
2016 - started 4-3, but then got super hot and went to the Super Bowl. You all know what happened there.
2017 - started 3-0, but then hit a streak of games where they just straight up had multiple inexcusable losses (blowing a 17-0 lead to Jay Cutler at home). However, they seemed to right the ship by getting to 10-6 and even somehow went to LA, took the Rams apart in their building. Then they almost beat Philly but failed on a goal-line stand.
2018 - 1-4 start like this year, but they eventually looked like they were righting the ship by getting back to 4-4, even taking apart a 1st place Washington redskins team in their building. Then they lost to Cleveland the next week, and the wheels just came off, with the team losing 5 in a row, going to 4-9. They just looked dead during that 5 game losing streak, similar to how the Falcons look right now. Then they won 3 meaningless games at the end of the year with nothing on the line.

I don't understand why the Falcons are so streaky under Quinn. Do they feed off the coach's emotions or what? I don't get why they can't be more consistent. In fact, this team is so streaky I wouldn't be surprised that they beat someone they shouldn't this year (though that shouldn't save Quinn's job either). It's like when the team catches fire, they have boundless energy and enthusiasm, but the moment something bad happens, they're just dead inside.

Even discounting that, Quinn fired his DC last year and installed himself as DC. The move has backfired horribly and I don't think you can whiff on that kind of decision and keep your job.

His time is up. Feels like Kyle Shanahan was the genius behind the 2016 Falcons.

I feel bad for Matt Ryan, besides Philip Rivers I don't think their has been a more talented QB waste his prime with a sub par supporting cast. Hope their next HC is a slam dunk that can get them back on track ASAP.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, Nozizaki said:

His time is up. Feels like Kyle Shanahan was the genius behind the 2016 Falcons.

I feel bad for Matt Ryan, besides Philip Rivers I don't think their has been a more talented QB waste his prime with a sub par supporting cast. Hope their next HC is a slam dunk that can get them back on track ASAP.

Sub par supporting cast?

You mean Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Mohammed Sanu, Austin Hooper, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman/Ito Smith?  The Defense has been good to great at times as well as the offensive line. Dan Quinn is just a failure of a coach.

23 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sub par supporting cast?

You mean Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Mohammed Sanu, Austin Hooper, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman/Ito Smith?  The Defense has been good to great at times as well as the offensive line. Dan Quinn is just a failure of a coach.

Supporting cast include coaches and coordinators. I also meant that over his career his the defense, offensive line, running game and coaching staff have all... less than good the majority of the time.

This team is a lot better than 1-4, but that's been a rarity for Matt Ryan.