Wilks/Defense was one of the few bright spots

buno67

Last year with the Cards, Silks scheme was lit up by the Rams. 

I loved it that we actually saw what film study does. Browns have been putrid stopping the outside run.  He studied what the Pats did to the rams last year and implemented it last night and had great success. Yeah the Rams hit some runs up the middle but there bread and butter is getting to the edge. Browns didn’t let them get to the edge at all. I like the scheme he implemented and Mcvay had issues with at time and Goff did look as great as he usually does.

I think the scheme helped with having Mack on defense cause it seemed like a more simplistic type of scheme for him and they ran it a lot. 

Also with the amount of injuries they had on the defense, especially on the secondary and they played that well. The defensive coaches had this team ready. 

It might have been one of the more impressive defensive performances by the browns in awhile

Edited by buno67

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I loved it that we actually saw what film study does. Browns have been putrid stopping the outside run.  He studied what the Pats did to the rams last year and implemented it last night and had great success. Yeah the Rams hit some runs up the middle but there bread and butter is getting to the edge. Browns didn’t let them get to the edge at all. I like the scheme he implemented and Mcvay had issues with at time and Goff did look as great as he usually does.

I think the scheme helped with having Mack on defense cause it seemed like a more simplistic type of scheme for him and they ran it a lot. 

Also with the amount of injuries they had on the defense, especially on the secondary and they played that well. The defensive coaches had this team ready. 

It might have been one of the more impressive defensive performances by the browns in awhile

20 points is the 2nd lowest total the Rams have scored since the start of last year. This defense can be great.

33 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

20 points is the 2nd lowest total the Rams have scored since the start of last year. This defense can be great.

Along with 3 turnovers, we need depth at Defensive end though, We are going to run Garrett and Vernon in the ground (Though I did see Thomas in a few series)

Edited by MSURacerDT55

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

100% spot on.

Also, outside of some rookie hiccups, special teams has been miles ahead of last year.