CHIEFS @ LIONS GDT

Karnage84

After another sloppy game, Lions are coming home still undefeated at 2-0-1. The 2018 MVP, Patrick Mahomes, comes into town after defeating the Baltimore Ravens.

This is definitely a game that we all circled as a for sure L when the schedule was announced. The Chiefs D hasn't been anything special and we are at home. As long as the Lions don't get blown out and put up a fight, I'll chalk it up as a W (even if only a moral one).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, detroitroar said:

The thought of giving this offense 5 seconds to throw play after play after play scares the crap out of me

I'm just hoping that Slay is going to be able to come back and that the DL lives up to the hype they had coming into the season. I haven't seen any of the Chief's games. I'm hoping this is the week we can really start to establish the run and control the clock a bit. However, KC doesn't need a lot of time and is exceptionally explosive. I feel like this is going to be Kelce's breakout week. Ertz was able to make some plays this week even though he was the #1 target and should've been the key in the defensive gameplan. Now you throw in Watkins, Cousins, Hardman + Kelce as viable and explosive targets and things become much more dangerous.

Wow, a game day thread on a Monday.👀

The fan base is feeling some excitement.

1 month ago I would’ve had the Lions at 1-2 about to be 1-3.

Its why they play the games!🤠

If one looks at history, the organization, current season it’s easy to expect the Lions to lose this one.

I’m going the other way. Each week certain aspects of the Lions game have improved. So far they haven’t been able to put it all together and come up with a complete team effort.

I think it happens this week. 

Lions 34 Chiefs 31 with Stafford leading a game winning drive on the last possession. 

Check back with me later in the week to see if the Kool Aide has worn off.🤠

• Like 3

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Wow, a game day thread on a Monday.👀

The fan base is feeling some excitement.

1 month ago I would’ve had the Lions at 1-2 about to be 1-3.

Its why they play the games!🤠

If one looks at history, the organization, current season it’s easy to expect the Lions to lose this one.

I’m going the other way. Each week certain aspects of the Lions game have improved. So far they haven’t been able to put it all together and come up with a complete team effort.

I think it happens this week. 

Lions 34 Chiefs 31 with Stafford leading a game winning drive on the last possession. 

Check back with me later in the week to see if the Kool Aide has worn off.🤠

It's more about keeping the conversation on our upcoming game in one spot... but yes, there is some excitement in this as well. This is almost the best scenario we could have envisioned before the season started up. Other than the week 1 tie, I highly doubt that anyone legitimately would have expected us to be unbeaten by the time we were going up against the Chiefs.

The Chiefs can be beaten but I have a tough time seeing that happen. It's even more difficult after seeing the way that we've played the last two weeks and the status of the teams that we've beaten. We've beaten two teams with a slew of injuries. You have to take advantage of an opponent that is down and we've done that. We also haven't beaten either of these teams down and narrowly pulled out the W both times.

If Slay is in the game, I'll be more optimistic that we have a chance to win. If he's out, it's going to be a tougher pill to swallow.

I expect this will be a shootout. The Chiefs will be nearly unstoppable with our lack of pass rush, but KC has even fewer sacks than the Lions, and the Lions pass offense has been their best feature so far.

I think the Lions will have a shot to keep up in a track meet, but ultimately I think the Chiefs will pull away. 41-34

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

I expect this will be a shootout. The Chiefs will be nearly unstoppable with our lack of pass rush, but KC has even fewer sacks than the Lions, and the Lions pass offense has been their best feature so far.

I think the Lions will have a shot to keep up in a track meet, but ultimately I think the Chiefs will pull away. 41-34

If we somehow only lose by one score, I’m still considering us undefeated. 

10 hours ago, MortexLion said:

IDK what it is but I do believe we Win.. call me a Jinks but...I have a good feeling the Team's got something up there sleeves to pull out a win at home.

Slays probably out. We could really use Hand.

I wonder if well see Harris get some defensive snaps. His coverage was outstanding in the preseason.