Karnage84

CHIEFS @ LIONS GDT

I know calls go both ways but I’m really tired of officials deciding games. The Golladay TD that was called back was a bogus call. Who the heck even knows what a TD catch is anymore. So what if he bobbled the ball he maintained possession all the way.

Play to the whistle every snap. The fumble TD there were guys walking off the field. That was a costly mistake.

Before everyone climbs on the dline can we all agree that rushing three got pressure? The line is awesome, the lack of blitzes questionable.

With about 2:09 left they didn’t contain Mahomes and it cost them. A stop and the game is done.

I’m really happy overall with the Lions. We are beginning to see how they’ve constructed the team and it’s paying dividends.

I have to eat my words on Hockenson. This kid is going to be a star. Finally a TE that can block effectively.

Stafford played well. During the periods of the game when they let him air it out it was a thing of beauty.

Coleman gets my game ball. I didn’t know much about him but he is a football player.

The receivers played well. The oline got it together today with the exception of a few snaps.

Mahomes 24/42 well below his career and season completion percentages and zero TD’s is about as good as you can expect. 

Not the desired result but given everything they faced a good result.

57 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

If we can't finish then write these lions off its no excuse!

You know, good football teams lose games. If you thought the Lions were going undefeated then you need to lay off the kool aid.

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

You know, good football teams lose games. If you thought the Lions were going undefeated then you need to lay off the kool aid.

Good teams close out! not the lions...Always coming up short!

7 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

Good god you sound like the President 😒

Open your mind and see the big picture 

1 hour ago, MortexLion said:

So, what kind of W-L record does a good football team have?

Using your theory 16-0 and a Super Bowl.

I'm usually pretty negative on the Lions but Coach Patricia and Coach Bevell had them playing hard all day on both sides really. Lions had a real shot to win the game. Prolly, really should of imo, the Kerryon fumble was huge and weird to say the least. Golladay TD take way was also huge. TWO huge plays that cost the Lions 14 points and was maybe all together a 21 point swing because the Johnson fumble resulted in a TD.

Idk, two plays. TWO plays, or one if you wanna get literally decided this game. I thought Lions played better really. They did what they needed to do to win it just didn't shake out there way. I don't think it's a game we hang out head low and say, wow, SOL. I quit before the team did this game. LOL. Really though, they played hard all the way to the end. 

Coleman also almost, ALMOST had an INT on the last KC TD drive around the 2 minute mark. 

One of those three plays mentioned above win the Lions the game. It wasn't a blow out, things just didn't shake our way. They lost to arguably the best Offense/team in the league. I think it was almost a perfect situation for the Lions to win but hey didn't happen. I'm not sure anyone in the division is as good as the team we just played though. 

Edited by SimbaWho

18 hours ago, detroitroar said:

They got the fumble right but the Golladay Td, the Kerryon no call PI and now Kerryon no call facemask were all wrong. Frustrating. 

18 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Yup. Pretty much. For the past number of seasons the officials have impacted the game far to much.

The Lions consistently get the wrong of the end of the stick when it comes to these 50/50 officiating calls. I was ticked beyond belief at the fumble TD and will concede it was the right call. There was no conclusive evidence that Golladay didn't have control, he held onto the ball the whole way through and it never touched the ground. I wasn't expecting the Lions to win the game going in but they should have won that game based on their play. It wasn't a perfect day by any means - we didn't capitalize on the turnovers as much as we should have and we settled for 3 instead of 7 to open things up. However, to have a 10-0 lead against the presumably #2 team in the league and nearly win was impressive.

When you can't close out a game in the final minutes that you already won and you've got them on 4th and 8 no excuses. Not proud of not finishing plays either which caused a turnover and points for the other team. shoot your self in the foot/ hand them the game.

Posted (edited)

Logic that's all I am going to say, Td over turned is suppose to be clear and conclusive to over turn the call of the field 2 people calling the game not Det fans said it was a td catch even though the ball moved it looked like to them a catch yet the guy they called said it moved and I would of called it incomplete. That being said he then said but I would have to stay with the call on the field because its not clear and conclusive yet we know they over turned it. Thanks NFL REFS.

Then the 2nd call that gets me is the Johnson fumble, everyone just use logic here for a second please you have Johnson tackled bye 2 guys one on his legs the other on his waist he is less then 2 inches from the ground in the video from the shoulders to the head he is stopped takes the ball out of his chest and reaches for the goal line comes up short and fumbles the ball. The call is a fumble yet he was stopped short of the goal line his forward motion is stop let a lone he has 2 dudes weight on his lower half he is 2 inches from the ground at his shoulders to head where he has no weight on him from tacklers!  LOGIC would suggest he was down some fricking where his lower half would be touching the fricking ground!

That wasn't a fumble the call on the field was confirmed bye video PLAY STANDS CALL ON THE FIELD WHY because the stupid refs called it a fumble they didn't blow the whistle that play should of been blown dead when he was tackled bye 2 fricking MEN!

I would bet my life if Johnson would of reached for the goal after he was tackled bye them two guys and got it acrossed they would of called him down bye contact before getting the ball across just a hunch I have no proof but they do it to us EVERY CHANCE THEY GET!

SAME CRAP WITH NFL REFS EVERY GAME LIONS SHOULD OF WON BUT THE NFL RATHER SEE CHIEFS DON'T YA THINK?

Edited by LION KING

After watching how badly the Saints have been hosed over the last few years, I no longer believe in NFL officiating conspiracies.

19 hours ago, LION KING said:

Logic that's all I am going to say, Td over turned is suppose to be clear and conclusive to over turn the call of the field 2 people calling the game not Det fans said it was a td catch even though the ball moved it looked like to them a catch yet the guy they called said it moved and I would of called it incomplete. That being said he then said but I would have to stay with the call on the field because its not clear and conclusive yet we know they over turned it. Thanks NFL REFS.

Then the 2nd call that gets me is the Johnson fumble, everyone just use logic here for a second please you have Johnson tackled bye 2 guys one on his legs the other on his waist he is less then 2 inches from the ground in the video from the shoulders to the head he is stopped takes the ball out of his chest and reaches for the goal line comes up short and fumbles the ball. The call is a fumble yet he was stopped short of the goal line his forward motion is stop let a lone he has 2 dudes weight on his lower half he is 2 inches from the ground at his shoulders to head where he has no weight on him from tacklers!  LOGIC would suggest he was down some fricking where his lower half would be touching the fricking ground!

That wasn't a fumble the call on the field was confirmed bye video PLAY STANDS CALL ON THE FIELD WHY because the stupid refs called it a fumble they didn't blow the whistle that play should of been blown dead when he was tackled bye 2 fricking MEN!

I would bet my life if Johnson would of reached for the goal after he was tackled bye them two guys and got it acrossed they would of called him down bye contact before getting the ball across just a hunch I have no proof but they do it to us EVERY CHANCE THEY GET!

SAME CRAP WITH NFL REFS EVERY GAME LIONS SHOULD OF WON BUT THE NFL RATHER SEE CHIEFS DON'T YA THINK?

When it comes to the fumble, they'd have to be able to see body parts hitting the ground in order to rule him down. So I do understand the part about it being called a fumble. The issue that I have with the refs is that they ran in like it was already called dead, which is why Golladay let up. Breeland picking up the ball and running it back is great coaching, so I would give the Chiefs their due there. However, if the whistle had been blown and Golladay tackles Breeland to avoid giving up the TD he's going to wind up with a penalty. If the Chiefs recover the fumble they're down at the 1 or 2 yard line. The defense has a great chance at making a play and getting some points out of that. Add on a 15 yard penalty and that advantage is gone. So I get why Golladay let up.

I do still take issue with the Golladay non-TD but that's long gone.

On 2019-10-07 at 9:02 AM, Karnage84 said:

When it comes to the fumble, they'd have to be able to see body parts hitting the ground in order to rule him down. So I do understand the part about it being called a fumble. The issue that I have with the refs is that they ran in like it was already called dead, which is why Golladay let up. Breeland picking up the ball and running it back is great coaching, so I would give the Chiefs their due there. However, if the whistle had been blown and Golladay tackles Breeland to avoid giving up the TD he's going to wind up with a penalty. If the Chiefs recover the fumble they're down at the 1 or 2 yard line. The defense has a great chance at making a play and getting some points out of that. Add on a 15 yard penalty and that advantage is gone. So I get why Golladay let up.

I do still take issue with the Golladay non-TD but that's long gone.

Play to the whistle. They simply didn’t play to the whistle. 

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:11 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Play to the whistle. They simply didn’t play to the whistle. 

What if it's so loud that you can't hear the whistle? I wasn't at the game, so I can't speak ANY truth to it. This is just from different things that I've listened to. If it's too loud then it's understandable that you'd rely on the body language of the ref to communicate what is happening on the field.

It's a bad look overall and it killed us when we could have pulled out the W.

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

What if it's so loud that you can't hear the whistle? I wasn't at the game, so I can't speak ANY truth to it. This is just from different things that I've listened to. If it's too loud then it's understandable that you'd rely on the body language of the ref to communicate what is happening on the field.

It's a bad look overall and it killed us when we could have pulled out the W.

You may well be right about not hearing.
If you don’t hear a whistle a player needs to keep playing. If the whistle isn’t heard the refs are good about blowing it repeatedly until it is.

I’m sure it’s an easy thing to screw up with the noise and confusion but it’s a basic that’s hammered home from the start in any sport.

It was an unforced mental error on what turned out to be a critical play.

Its over and done, hopefully they learn from it.

16 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

You may well be right about not hearing.
If you don’t hear a whistle a player needs to keep playing. If the whistle isn’t heard the refs are good about blowing it repeatedly until it is.

I’m sure it’s an easy thing to screw up with the noise and confusion but it’s a basic that’s hammered home from the start in any sport.

It was an unforced mental error on what turned out to be a critical play.

Its over and done, hopefully they learn from it.

Yeah, you're not wrong. I do wonder if guys get gun shy about causing penalties and causing other issues. I'd rather a 15 yard penalty as opposed to letting them score a defensive TD but it seemed like quite the mental lapse.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again and the coaches hammer that point.