CHIEFS @ LIONS GDT

Karnage84

The Ravens are probably the most difficult defense that KC has faced so far. Here's how we stack up with the Ravens

DEFENSE

Baltimore

Total Defense - 16th (tied with Philly)

Pass Defense - 27th

Rush Defense - 3rd

Detroit

Total Defense - 23rd

Pass Defense - 22nd

Rush Defense - 22nd

Kansas City

Total Defense - 24th

Pass Defense - 19th

Rush Defense - 27th

OFFENSE

Kansas City

Total Offense - 2nd

Pass Offense - 1st

Rush Offense- 22nd

Detroit

Total Offense - 12th

Pass Offense - 11th

Rush Offense- 18th

The Chiefs are an explosive offense so points are going to be put up on the board. However, it would probably be a good week for us to get our rushing attack in order and control the clock. The Chiefs struggle against the run and that will help limit their possessions. They are also struggling to get their running game going which should put the defense into obvious passing situations. They'll probably place some emphasis on eliminating Kelce (whether that works or not is yet to be seen). However, they have too many guys to focus on unlike the Eagles last week. If Slay is out, this could be a forgone conclusion. Hand could help make a big difference and he seems to be on track to come back for this week. It's possible that they gave him another week to get healthy with the Eagles having been so banged up and KC on the horizon.

Still no update on Slay that I can find. While the Lions never say much, saying nothing at all is worrisome.

Karnage84,  I understand the idea behind the stats you posted but how relative do you consider them?

Without common opponents or balanced schedules what’s really being compared?

Edited by diehardlionfan

15 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Still no update on Slay that I can find. While the Lions never say much, saying nothing at all is worrisome.

I'm actually more concerned about Hand. It's really 1a and 1b but I feel like the defensive line is under-performing compared to expectations. Hand should help put pressure on Mahomes and raise the level of play of the unit.

6 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

That was in KC by KC fans. It's a little different when you're on the opposing team.

The Lions are going to need to show up early to keep the crowd in things and use that sound/home field advantage. If we're down 21-0 early on, crowd noise is going to be a non-issue.