Colts S Malik Hooker tears meniscus, out 4-6 weeks

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Anytime the Colts find a good safety he turns out to be made of glass. Bob Sanders being the big one...

I came in to say this... Bob Sanders 2.0

hopefully he fully recovers and this isn't an ongoing issue, it sucks.. I really wanted to see him be a great player

Arizona Sports Radio said that the Cards were looking hard at drafting him in 2017. They ended up going with Haason Reddick when Hooker landed in their lap. Hooker has had his injury problems, but you'd have to think the Cardinals are kicking themselves regardless, given that Reddick hasn't been able to make the switch from defensive tackle to inside linebacker (who would've guessed?). He's one of the top cover free safeties in the league, fantastic range, can play in the box and be good there, but ideally is a high free safety with his range and ball skills. He was one of my (EIGHT!) blue-chip prospects in 2017 (Garrett, Johnathan Allen, OJ Howard, Christian McCaffery, Malik Hooker, Jamal Adams, Mahomes, and Marshon Lattimore in that order). 

98.7 FM had an awesome draft profile on him talking about how his playstyle applied to the Arians-Bowles-Bettcher system. Mike Jurecki said that if Mahomes and Reddick weren't there, Hooker would be the choice. Apparently, during interviews with AZ, Hooker said his theme song is "Hooked on a Feelin'" by Blue Swede. Just some random tidbits for you guys.

He headlined an amazing 2017 Colts draft class that I thought was arguably the best in the league. Not very many instant splash players, but in pretty much every round they got someone who people thought could turn into a starter. Ended up being a great foundational draft for the Colts' current roster. 

Hooker was one of three Ohio State DBs drafted in round 1 in 2017, along with Marshon Lattimore and Oakland Raiders CB Gareon Conley.

Edited by HoboRocket