Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Bears (2-1)

swede700

In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?

• Yes, the Vikings will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the Bears will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the game will finish tied 10-10
    • No, both teams will score more than 10
    • No, one team will score less than 10
    • No, both teams will score less than 10

Game 4

NFL_Vikings.gif at     NFL_Bears1.gif

When:  3:25 PM EST September 29th

Where: Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)

TV/Radio: CBS (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2019/04-CBS-L.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: CB Mackensie Alexander (elbow), Doubtful: None, Out: OG Josh Kline (concussion), LB Kentrell Brothers (wrist, hamstring)

Bears - Questionable: OG Kyle Long (hip), TE Trey Burton (groin), DT Akiem Hicks (knee), K Eddy Pineiro (knee), Doubtful: None, Out: WR Taylor Gabriel (concussion), DT Bilal Nichols (hand)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

a395d4960493e46af47ff485aeaa0d04.gif

Edited by swede700
Injury Report
  • Like 1

I'm going to predict a win here, and another one with odd circumstances. I think Trubisky will put them in bad spots early and the Vikings will play a ball control game again and not ask too much of Cousins. 

There is a lot of commentary about Trubisky being in his own head and not playing well because he's overthinking and getting in his own way.

5 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I'm going to predict a win here, and another one with odd circumstances. I think Trubisky will put them in bad spots early and the Vikings will play a ball control game again and not ask too much of Cousins. 

There is a lot of commentary about Trubisky being in his own head and not playing well because he's overthinking and getting in his own way.

For a moment I thought you were talking about Kirk!!

At any rate, this might be the best defense the Vikings play against all year!  I hope that you are right and the Vikings get an early lead and then eat up the clock using the running game.  But Chicago is good against both the run and the pass.  I think it will be low scoring...maybe 10 - 3.  The winning team will be the team who's defense scores points.

I think its better to play them now when the offense is out of sync for Chicago.

17 points should be enough to win without any turnovers. That's still a tall order, but it can be done.

Our pass rush has to be great though. It was so easy for Trubisky week 17 and they could do whatever they wanted.

Not this time! Skol Vikings!!

Chicago's defense stacks pretty well against what we bring offensively. Their run defense is their best asset, while our rush offense is the strength for our offense. Their pass D isn't as good as last year, but their pass rush is still outstanding. The good news is that our defense looks to be very good and their offense is struggling. We need to just limit mistakes, clean up the penalties, and we should have a good shot at outlasting the Bears.

This is a classic defensive standoff where a team is more likely to lose this than win. Trubisky will probably end up using his legs to frustrate the defenders, so disciplined rushing is paramount. If we keep Trubisky in the pocket and Kirk can limit turnovers we have a strong chance to win. No matter what this game is gonna be super close. Might come down to a last second FG.

Edited by Nozizaki
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

his is a classic defensive standoff where a team is more likely to lose this than win. Trubisky will probably end up using his legs to frustrate the defenders, so disciplined rushing is paramount. If we keep Trubisky in the pocket and Kirk can limit turnovers we have a strong chance to win. No matter what this game is gonna be super close. Might come down to a last second FG.

Now, you've jinxed it...the game will be something like 34-28.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nozizaki said:

This is a classic defensive standoff where a team is more likely to lose this than win. Trubisky will probably end up using his legs to frustrate the defenders, so disciplined rushing is paramount. If we keep Trubisky in the pocket and Kirk can limit turnovers we have a strong chance to win. No matter what this game is gonna be super close. Might come down to a last second FG.

It is shaping up that way.

Trubisky has killed us with his running ability in the past. I'll post more thoughts once we see how they look tonight.

We'll have the extra day of rest which may/may not mean much this early in the year but they've also got to travel home tonight. I'll take any advantage we can get.