Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Bears (2-1)

swede700

In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?

• Yes, the Vikings will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the Bears will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the game will finish tied 10-10
    • No, both teams will score more than 10
    • No, one team will score less than 10
    • No, both teams will score less than 10

Any news on Beebe or Kline? I know it's early, but they are both somewhat impactful. I'm assuming we are gonna need to bring in another WR this week as insurance (at the very least), and Kline has been one of the better performers along the line so far this year, so losing him would be a significant blow.

Speaking of WR's, I have no idea who is available that i'd be open to signing. I know we worked out Matthews and the other two receivers last week.. and Treadwell is still out there and familiar with the scheme (barf).

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

MN needs to add two WRs. I assume they will bring someone up from the PS and sign a FA. Just doesn’t make sense to only carry 4. Fortunately, MN hasn’t had to open up the passing game yet but at some point depth at WR will become relevant.

Unless Beebe's injury is serious I would think he could be the 5th and inactive until he's healthy. 

Has Bradbury been as bad at center as PFF makes him out to be?  Score of 6 for pass blocking.  52.1 against the run.  39.4 average.  By far the worst ranked center in the league.

He's gone against two monster DL in Jarrett and Clark.  I'm unsure what Oakland had on the DL.

Most average centers are 60 or so with their score.  GB's center has struggled and is 56.3.

Curious as to how Bradbury really is, from those who watch.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Has Bradbury been as bad at center as PFF makes him out to be?  Score of 6 for pass blocking.  52.1 against the run.  39.4 average.  By far the worst ranked center in the league.

He's gone against two monster DL in Jarrett and Clark.  I'm unsure what Oakland had on the DL.

Most average centers are 60 or so with their score.  GB's center has struggled and is 56.3.

Curious as to how Bradbury really is, from those who watch.

Bradbury has had his struggles, but he’s also had a lot of positives. I don’t think PFF’s ranking is a true indication of his overall play. Most of his low PFF grade seems to be driven by penalties. 

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Bradbury has had his struggles, but he’s also had a lot of positives. I don’t think PFF’s ranking is a true indication of his overall play. Most of his low PFF grade seems to be driven by penalties. 

Of note to me was Cook at a 91.  Head and shoulders above everyone else.  Tells me he's making more out of what is there.

Though the Vikes run blocking has been ranked much better than the pass blocking.  

Cook is legit.

From the numbers, though, I"m thinking Hicks is gonna own the interior of the DL.  

I hope that I am able to watch that game.  I love both the defenses when they aren't playing my team.  

43 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Of note to me was Cook at a 91.  Head and shoulders above everyone else.  Tells me he's making more out of what is there.

Though the Vikes run blocking has been ranked much better than the pass blocking.  

Cook is legit.

From the numbers, though, I"m thinking Hicks is gonna own the interior of the DL.  

I hope that I am able to watch that game.  I love both the defenses when they aren't playing my team.  

There was a start last week in how many of Cooks yards came after contact. It was pretty crazy

We're 3 weeks in and I don't know what this team is. ATL & Oakland had no chance from the first drive. Green Bay kicked our booties for 1 quarter before we took over defensively and with the run game and should have won.

I think this is the game where we find out what this team is made of. It doesn't matter if we have the talent of the 2007 Patriots and Chicago has the talent of a JV football squad, we never play pretty at Soldier Field. It's always a battle and an ugly battle at that.

Are we going to be a team who can crush bad teams but not win against contenders? Are we going to be a team who can only win at home? Are we really going to be competitive regardless of the situation?

• Like 1

Huge test for Cousins and especially for our run blocking. If our run game continues to work well vs Bears too, then I think we can say it's definitely legit. Watching our OL vs Bears last season was basically a nightmare. Hicks usually dominates against our interior OL...hope we can contain him well this time. Big test for Bardbury too

Edited by upriser7

Akiem Hicks left the game in the 2nd half with an injury. Headed to the locker room wearing an ankle boot, but they reported it as a knee injury. Didn’t look great walking off, he was leaning on a trainer.

WR Taylor Gabriel also left the game late with a concussion. It’s harder to clear the concussion protocol from Monday night to Sunday at noon than when there’s a full week to recover.

Trubisky had good stats tonight but it was almost all short throws (screens, shallow crossing routes, etc) and he missed several open receivers downfield. Only deep completion was a heave that Gabriel made a miraculous catch to haul in for his 3rd TD. He threw another terrible INT in the end zone.

Game was a blowout thanks to 5 turnovers from Keenum. Bears won by 16 with a pick 6, a 10 yard TD drive after a turnover, and WAS missing a short FG and two 2-point attempts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

i still wish we took Dillard over Bradbury. We'd have RT/LT on lock for "a decade"

if we're talking about taking a player with the assumption that they'd be on the team for a decade, yeah i'd take dillard. but bradbury is more key to the wide zone run game than a tackle and that's the direction we're going for the near future.