Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Bears (2-1)

swede700

In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?

• Yes, the Vikings will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the Bears will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the game will finish tied 10-10
    • No, both teams will score more than 10
    • No, one team will score less than 10
    • No, both teams will score less than 10

There is no way that is playing into this now. What's better than great stats? Wins. Fear of making a mistake might be inhibiting him, but there is no way he's back there looking at wide open shots to Diggs and Thielen thinking "Ham in the flat is better for my stat line".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

There is no way that is playing into this now. What's better than great stats? Wins. Fear of making a mistake might be inhibiting him, but there is no way he's back there looking at wide open shots to Diggs and Thielen thinking "Ham in the flat is better for my stat line".

Agreed. I'm guessing he's a bit shell shocked. I'm also guessing this head coach preaches the evil of the turnover, and that leads to some conservativeness on the part of every QB here the last six years. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Agreed. I'm guessing he's a bit shell shocked. I'm also guessing this head coach preaches the evil of the turnover, and that leads to some conservativeness on the part of every QB here the last six years. 

This thought makes me think that Keenum was actually a much better fit for Zimmer than Cousins. While Keenum’s style probably wasn’t appreciated by Zimmer and you’d think a more conservative approach fits the run the ball and play defense preference, Keenum wasn’t afraid of turning the ball over. He had much thicker skin than Cousins and had the receiving talent to bail him out. I’m guessing if you ask Diggs and Thielen who they’d prefer to play for, they’d pick Keenum every time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

The ting that caught my eye about this article is that the game didn't really effect Kirk's passer rating.  It got me to wondering...people were high on Cousins during his free agency because of his excellent statistics.  Many thought that they would translate into wins in Minnesota, a better team than he had in Washington.  Then I got the most dreadful thought...a thought I don't even want to consider...but what if Cousin's concern and priority is to protect his passer rating...which makes him hesitant on some throws downfield?  It might be subconscious at this point...an automatic behavior knowing that good stats over wins was his ticket out of DC.

That is an interesting thought. I would emphasize that it may be subconscious. But yeah, metrics watched by management tend to influence the behavior of workers. I don't see any reason why football would be so different. He knows what is expected of him based on how certain metrics have been drilled into him. After enough time, it becomes second nature -- subconscious -- for him to operate in a way to influence the metric for the  better.

If there is any truth to this theory at all, I just wish that wins were a more important metric too him.

16 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

This thought makes me think that Keenum was actually a much better fit for Zimmer than Cousins. While Keenum’s style probably wasn’t appreciated by Zimmer and you’d think a more conservative approach fits the run the ball and play defense preference, Keenum wasn’t afraid of turning the ball over. He had much thicker skin than Cousins and had the receiving talent to bail him out. I’m guessing if you ask Diggs and Thielen who they’d prefer to play for, they’d pick Keenum every time. 

That’s literally what I have been saying since I started posting here.  Zimmer doesn’t appreciate many things offensively that he should.  He should remain on defense and keep mum on offense in general.  That will never happen but it would be nice. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

isn't this thread supposed to be about the upcoming Bears game? did we sign Keenum?

I apologize. I was responding to another poster's comment in the thread. It has been like this since forever in game threads. The game is over, conversations get started, we discuss.

Best way to force the discussion into other threads is to lock game day threads on the Tuesday after games. It is too natural to respond to people in the thread in which they make a comment. It may help if the software was updated to allow a nice way of picking a thread when quoting someone. Without an easy way to do that, I doubt we'll see much change.

Edited by Cearbhall

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Without an easy way to do that, I doubt we'll see much change.

you know i respect you a great deal, but that attitude is bs.

members just need to care to organize and place their views in the proper place, that's all it requires. it's easy and always has been.