Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Bears (2-1)

swede700

In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. In 4 out of the last 6 Bears-Vikings contests, the loser has finished with 10 points (each team has done it twice), will one of these teams do it again?

• Yes, the Vikings will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the Bears will get 10 pts
    • Yes, the game will finish tied 10-10
    • No, both teams will score more than 10
    • No, one team will score less than 10
    • No, both teams will score less than 10

Hey all.  I'm expecting a low scoring defensive battle in this one.

Bears coming off a short week will make this tougher but after an embarrassing week 1 performance by the O against GB at home I expect them to play much better this time around.  Bears can't afford to lose two early season divisional games at home if they expect to contend for a playoff spot.

That being said I never get an easy feeling going up against you guys.  To me you have one of the more talented rosters in the NFC outside of QB and OL.  These two teams stack up very similarly.  I think it'll come down to which QB makes the less mistakes.  Hoping for a good one.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Haha this guy just never lets up.  What is your beef against Mitch anyway..just curious?

?? No idea what you’re saying sir. I’m not in the Bears forum. Just cheering the Vikings. I know cousins is 2/234 against teams with winning records. Rooting for the bros. 

• Like 1

Vikings 50 Bears 10. Dalvin Cook wasn't involved last time. Vikings don't want to go to 0-2 against the division. 

Bought a 2003 Tundra this week. So on Saturday I'm going to install new shocks, rotors, full strut sway bar bushings, new belts, and if I have time a new air freshner. It's gonna be badass.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Hey all.  I'm expecting a low scoring defensive battle in this one.

Bears coming off a short week will make this tougher but after an embarrassing week 1 performance by the O against GB at home I expect them to play much better this time around.  Bears can't afford to lose two early season divisional games at home if they expect to contend for a playoff spot.

That being said I never get an easy feeling going up against you guys.  To me you have one of the more talented rosters in the NFC outside of QB and OL.  These two teams stack up very similarly.  I think it'll come down to which QB makes the less mistakes.  Hoping for a good one.

I'm really hoping it doesn't come down to that.  If it does, I don't like our chances.  My guess is that the Bears' defense is going to contain our running game and if we are going to win, it's going to come down to Cousins finally manning up and playing great in a big game.  Against 'da Bears in Soldier Field that is a tall order. 

However it turns out, it should be a great game against the two best teams in the NFC North! 

Edited by Uncle Buck

This sums up my feelings perfectly for this week's game.  One thing that gives me confidence is seeing the color of the shaft cover on "Billy Baroo!"  THIS IS A BIG ONE BILLY!  If we don't win this game, our friends in Chicago are going to put in a call to "Moose and Rocko" and have them help us find our checkbook when it comes to the division title.  :D

Edited by Uncle Buck

On 9/23/2019 at 1:43 PM, Nozizaki said:

I'm good with that. I trust our offense to score and not turn the ball over more consistently than Chicago right now.

I agree.  A shootout favors the Vikings because it means their defense is not playing well and we have more offensive firepower.  I don't see it happening this way though.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 12:45 PM, Nozizaki said:

This is a classic defensive standoff where a team is more likely to lose this than win. Trubisky will probably end up using his legs to frustrate the defenders, so disciplined rushing is paramount. If we keep Trubisky in the pocket and Kirk can limit turnovers we have a strong chance to win. No matter what this game is gonna be super close. Might come down to a last second FG.

It's been an interesting year for Mitch. He is really not using his legs like last year. I think if you keep him in the pocket you can really limit his effectiveness. I'm expecting a very close game with the first QB to melt down costing his team the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

It's great to hear that Alexander is practicing, but I would still rather him sit another week and continue to mend rather than play vs. the Bears. Their offense doesn't scare me a ton, and with Hughes back playing, I think we;ll be okay without him for another week.

Kline, on the other hand hopefully will be back. Our O-line play is going to be pivotal to winning this game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm really hoping it doesn't come down to that.  If it does, I don't like our chances.  My guess is that the Bears' defense is going to contain our running game and if we are going to win, it's going to come down to Cousins finally manning up and playing great in a big game.  Against 'da Bears in Soldier Field that is a tall order. 

However it turns out, it should be a great game against the two best teams in the NFC North! 

Well, top 4 at least ;)