Week #4 Steelers 0-3 vs. Bengals 0-3 Game Day Thread

Steeler Hitman

23 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

This gimmicky offense worked tonight but opposing defenses will figure this out rather quickly. Eventually, we are going to have to let Rudolph air it out to make opposing defenses not load the box on us. 

Agreed but Fichtner really impressed me today.  I thought he was a pretty stubborn coordinator but he ditched everything we did before and created something new to exploit the defense--really nice job. 

They need to air it out but Rudolph clearly has issues reading the defense post snap.  Several times tonight he just didn't look like he trusted himself to take chances.  That should get better with more experience though--I'm just not sure that happens this season.

Edited by Steelers22
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Steelers22 said:

Agreed but Fichtner really impressed me today.  I thought he was a pretty stubborn coordinator but he ditched everything we did before and created something new to exploit the defense--really nice job. 

They need to air it out but Rudolph clearly has issues reading the defense post snap.  Several times tonight he just didn't look didn't trust himself to take chances.  That should get better with more experience though--I'm just not sure that happens this season.

Its hard to say how much trouble he had reading the defense considering the entire offensive gameplan was designed to get the ball out of his hand quickly, and they probably told him not to take any unnecessary risks.   They were giving him pretty much everything under 10 yards, so he took it with great success.

I do agree he seemed hesitant to take chances downfield, but it also wasnt really needed last night.    

Next week is another story.   The Ravens offense is going to put up some points on us, and my guess is they are going to try to force Rudolph to make more plays downfield.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Next week is another story.   The Ravens offense is going to put up some points on us, and my guess is they are going to try to force Rudolph to make more plays downfield.

I think they will play the Steelers much like the other teams.  A lot of 8-9 men in the box/LOS and single high safety.  Rudolph needs to make them play on those single high safety plays.

This is also not the Ravens D of old.

Edited by jebrick

On 10/2/2019 at 7:44 AM, jebrick said:

I think they will play the Steelers much like the other teams.  A lot of 8-9 men in the box/LOS and single high safety.  Rudolph needs to make them play on those single high safety plays.

This is also not the Ravens D of old.

I agree....thats what I was saying in regards to forcing Rudolph to make plays.

The Ravens offense is going to put points up on us, so their defense just needs to keep us under control, and seeing as how their run D got destroyed vs the Browns, I see them trying to force our young backup QB to throw more beyond 5 yards in the air, seeing as how we havent really let him do that much to this point.  

On 10/2/2019 at 6:33 PM, warfelg said:

I've never been able to figure that out.  Only reason I can think is the same reason Skip Bayless is #1.  Hate listening.

But he likes the Rooneys and since you like them too, then you both should be friends.

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

21-17 Blitzburgh

no blitzing it seems, they are getting the pressure from the 4 DL , just plain and effective.  I agree with your score and winner though. I am thinking ravens are on a slide, but it should be a close game.