naptownskinsfan

Which game is this week's GOTW?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is this week's GOTW?

• #18 Virginia @ #10 Notre Dame
    • #21 USC @ #17 Washington
    • Other- specify in thread

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm an SEC fan for sure, and realize that there is definitely a bias.  But holy cow, that's taking it to the extreme. 

based on this year Auburn is the only one that jumps out as bad. The other 3 are reasonable at the very least. I wouldn't say LSU have been better than OSU or OU, but it isn't absurd given the Texas win and thumping the other 3 as they should. Also when you consider for what seems like a decade LSU has always been great defense but no QB, Burrow looking as good as he has gives LSU a real chance.

29 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'm going to laugh when Ohio State steamrolls the playoffs this year.

No reason they shouldnt. Theyll be rolling in fresh as a daisy. While teams like Bama roll in beatin to smithereens all year.

Like challenging someone to a race after theyve done an Ironman Triathlon and run the Boston Marathon in the same day.

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

No reason they shouldnt. Theyll be rolling in fresh as a daisy. While teams like Bama roll in beatin to smithereens all year.

Like challenging someone to a race after theyve done an Ironman Triathlon and run the Boston Marathon in the same day.

YOu talk like Alabama has played anyone this year.  They've had an even easier schedule than Ohio State.

• Like 1

In the SEC there are only 3 teams I'll give any credit to being good.  LSU, Alabama, and Georgia.  In the Big Ten I'll admit there are only 2 teams I will give any credence to being good, that's Ohio State and Wisconsin.  In the ACC there is only Clemson.  In the Big XII there is only Oklahoma, and in the PAC-12, no one worth mentioning in the names I listed previously.  I will also put in that I think a 1 loss Notre Dame team would be worth considered as good as well.

So if the playoff consisted of Oklahoma, Ohio State, 1 Loss Notre Dame, and LSU/Alabama/Georgia I would be good with it.  I would even consider a 1 loss Georgia getting in over a 1 loss Notre Dame if Georgia's loss came to LSU/Alabama in the SEC championship game and the loss to LSU/Alabama came in the SECCG which means that LSU/Alabama were the undefeated SEC West champion.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

H2P

Great win with a backup QB and 3rd string RB.

The OL and DL are fantastic. Pitt is fun to watch!

Are you praising Pitt for beating a FCS school by 3? I am a Blue Hen so I love them, but they are only a pretty good FCS school. They shouldn't be coming close to any power 5 team regardless of that teams injuries.