Week 4: Bucs (1-2) at Rams (3-0)

Lil' Shorty

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How's Suh playing? 

He's eating blockers and disrupting the run game. We haven't asked him to pass rush really, but he pushes the pocket with Vea which has allowed Barrett to really take advantage of all his one on one matchups.

Most of Barrett's eight sacks this season have come from a four man rush. And a big (geddit!?) part of that is Vea and Suh doing the dirty work inside. He's also helped keep the LBs free to pursue RBs and smother the run up to this point.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's eating blockers and disrupting the run game. We haven't asked him to pass rush really, but he pushes the pocket with Vea which has allowed Barrett to really take advantage of all his one on one matchups.

Most of Barrett's eight sacks this season have come from a four man rush. And a big (geddit!?) part of that is Vea and Suh doing the dirty work inside. He's also helped keep the LBs free to pursue RBs and smother the run up to this point.

Wish he had done that last year for us (before the playoffs).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

whats up with ROJO? have him in fantasy, needs to break out. he's been flashing. Barber sucks

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

What's the story with Ronald Jones? As a fantasy owner, I'm confused at his production through 3 weeks. It seems he should be getting alot more touches; produced well last week. 

BA said we're gonna split reps between them each week and stick with whoever is playing better that day. It's been Rojo once and Barber twice.

I can't imagine that formula changing much as the season progresses.

I listened to the most recent PewterPodcast last night. Had a lot of good nuggets. Few things to consider.

Trev made the point that while McVay only uses a few different formations and runs multiple plays out of them, everything starts with and flows through the running game. If we can stop their run game and essentially make Goff make decisions, that’s a Rams team we want to play. Look at what the Pats did in the Super Bowl.

Another point made, and I forget by who, was that our secondary was awful last week. If we have trouble stopping the Giants last week then good luck against Woods, Cooks and Cupp. Even if we force Goff to make decisions, will it matter if our secondary can’t get better? 

On a different note, this defense has real trouble with TEs...

I think we’ll keep the game close for a few reasons. We’ll play desperate and aren’t as bad as 1-2 would indicate and the Rams aren’t as good as 3-0 would indicate. We can’t let Donald wreck the game and our secondary has to play better. Maybe the Rams will overlook us a bit and that will be our chance..

PewterReport picked us 3-2 to beat the Rams.

• Like 1

Hello Pirates!

Just some thoughts from a Rams fan. No disrespect meant by any of the following. We have played down to our competition all year. No offense, but this is the game I am hoping we break out of that in a big way. Playing no preseason, expected rust vs the Panthers. Saints was going to always be an emotional game. SNF away at a rabid Browns stadium I always expected to be tough. Coming 3-0 out of that is huge. This game, we have no excuse but to execute. You have a solid, but struggling team coming to the opposite side of the country. Jared needs to get in the groove. His home splits make me hopeful. There is no more excuses so I expect a big win.

Rams 38

Bucs 20

Edited by btfd16
  • Like 1