Jump to content
bMiller031

Chris Harris Jr Trade?

Recommended Posts

Even if we had draft pics Elway would waste them...I can't believe he's turning our team into the joke of the NFL...oh wait, he's a used car business guru...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Helicopter said:

Even if we had draft pics Elway would waste them...I can't believe he's turning our team into the joke of the NFL...oh wait, he's a used car business guru...

Longest losing streak in the league, (7 games) no turnovers or sacks yet this season.  Can’t remember the stat about the draft picks from like 2013-2017 that busted; we are closer to the Browns of old than we are a WC team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's because I don't live in Denver and exist outside of the local media vortex but I don't understand the rush to boot Elway.

Outside of the QB spot (which could look less dreary 12 months from now if Lock impresses or if we draft one in R1 this year) I think the trajectory of this team has been VERY encouraging over the last 18 months or since the '18 offseason.  He's had his share of draft whiffs but he seems self-aware enough to reflect on  shortcomings and evolve which has come to fruition in the last two draft classes.  

The record isn't impressive but we're not uncompetitive in these losses and we're in a MUCH better spot roster-wise than we were in at the end of the '17-'18 season. 

Edited by bMiller031

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Maybe it's because I don't live in Denver and exist outside of the local media vortex but I don't understand the rush to boot Elway.

Outside of the QB spot (which could look less dreary 12 months from now if Lock impresses or if we draft one in R1 this year) I think the trajectory of this team has been VERY encouraging over the last 18 months or since the '18 offseason.  He's had his share of draft whiffs but he seems self-aware enough to reflect on  shortcomings and evolve which has come to fruition in the last two draft classes.  

The record isn't impressive but we're not uncompetitive in these losses and we're in a MUCH better spot roster-wise than we were in at the end of the '17-'18 season. 

Unless this thing spins off the rails in an epic way, John isn't going anywhere so it's a moot point anyway. I think we all just want more outside voices in the room. But every year the front office loses guys and doesn't replace them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Maybe it's because I don't live in Denver and exist outside of the local media vortex but I don't understand the rush to boot Elway.

I love what he did this offseason to start a rebuild.  

-Lock I prefer value wise to what Miami gave up for Rosen. I think mobility matters which I respect the trait in Lock.

(both 4 years of control)

-Fant also year 1 of a rebuild makes sense.

-Risner home run pick.

People in general don't trust his draft history 2013-2017. And are skeptical of his contend now lingo when it's clear this isn't a competitive team all fair (playoffs)

-Until he flips Harris/Sanders/Miller for something of value

-And Lock looks promising this fanbase is going to have a pitchfork mob mentality rightfully so.

-then he needs an all world draft in 2020 to get back in the good graces

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, BroncoBruin said:

 But every year the front office loses guys and doesn't replace them.

That is probably more to do with Ellis holding the purse strings than on Elway's shoulders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at 0-4 and @LAC next Elway should be taking calls for CHJ and Sanders now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Well at 0-4 and @LAC next Elway should be taking calls for CHJ and Sanders now. 

Elway sees a winnable game that puts Denver right back in it if they can then get the next 2 at home. 

I think 0-6 and losing at home to Tennessee would have to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Elway sees a winnable game that puts Denver right back in it if they can then get the next 2 at home. 

I think 0-6 and losing at home to Tennessee would have to do it. 

I don't think Elway is that naive personally. I think the players teams want are helping culturally (CHJ,Sanders). They don't get discounts because the team is 0-4. 

Until a decent value comes in I feel he's not going to sell unless this team got the doors blown off in a game. (Raiders in 2010.) I think Philly or Baltimore might be that team for CHJ.

 

 

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Well at 0-4 and @LAC next Elway should be taking calls for CHJ and Sanders now. 

If you talked to me at the start of the season I think I would have been upset, but at this point I want to see Chris on a winning team again. He deserves it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

If you talked to me at the start of the season I think I would have been upset, but at this point I want to see Chris on a winning team again. He deserves it

Agreed. I honestly look forward to his farewell Denver speech. Its going to bring back a lot of emotions regarding our winning seasons. He is a truly appreciative veteran and will be heartbroken to move on but accept it as well. A true Bronco for life even if a divorce is the right move for both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Agreed. I honestly look forward to his farewell Denver speech. Its going to bring back a lot of emotions regarding our winning seasons. He is a truly appreciative veteran and will be heartbroken to move on but accept it as well. A true Bronco for life even if a divorce is the right move for both sides.

Yeah, I'd move him and E for whatever we can get if that's what they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Sanders and CHJ moved simply so those guys can get another chance at a ring.  They have been great, classy, Broncos who deserve better than the product that is out there.  I'd even say the same for Von, because he isn't getting young and the Broncos have Reed and Hollis it seems to supply OLB depth.  I'd hate to see those three guys go, but if we go young and I think we should then we should go all the way with it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I'd like to see Sanders and CHJ moved simply so those guys can get another chance at a ring.  They have been great, classy, Broncos who deserve better than the product that is out there.  I'd even say the same for Von, because he isn't getting young and the Broncos have Reed and Hollis it seems to supply OLB depth.  I'd hate to see those three guys go, but if we go young and I think we should then we should go all the way with it.  

I think this happens and it's a better way to improve culture with our team.The Miami way was drill sergeant throw someone into a deep end of a cold pool (talent was young that was traded).

Because the guys we have of value are older you have to wait until this point. It sticks better with the players you bought in, you played the game, we are in a different phase, now go win something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phi has to be on Elway’s call list today.   They need a shutdown CB so badly and Harris walking allows them to net a 2021 comp pick back.  It’s Howie Roseman’s advanced chess comp pick / cap management maneuvering.   The only thing stopping it IMO is Elway bring unwilling to sell.   Which is a huge risk - because in 2 weeks ARI joins the market with P-Pete.  

We aren’t going to get a 1st or sniff Jalen Ramsey’s return but 2-3 teams right now are desperate for CB.   Ari joins the seller crowd it gets buyer friendly.  Come on Elway....don’t get caught napping here.  He got lucky with DT at the deadline last year because HOU lost Fuller and no one else was selling a “name” WR.   This is actually the window to max out return as 12 games a 50% greater impact than at the trade deadline.   Get it done...

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×